We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parasailing

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester NY
Level Contributor
252 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
parasailing

I went para-sailing from the Majestic Elegance in June. We booked through the water sports hut at the hotel. When I tell people here in the states, many ask how high did you go. i guess in the states you options for height and price level. So anybody know how high the para-sailing goes.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: parasailing

How much did this cost? This is one of the activities my fiance and I want to do together. Staying at the same place in November.

Rochester NY
Level Contributor
252 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: parasailing

it was $89 for two tandem

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: parasailing

Wow thats kind of pricey.

I did it for 25$ per person. Well actually the total per person was 33$ and two beer lol but that covered Parasailing and a Bananna boat ride

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: parasailing

33$??? Where did you do it?

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: parasailing

Sylvia J,

Is all about negotiation. They start high you counter if they dont likwvit just say no and wait for the next seller to offer you the package.

Honestly I dont want to get into detail cause in another forum post i offered tips on how to get things cheaper and i got frowned upon. I think though its more cause trip advisor is a small community and everyone promotes a certain persons excursions on herd and they got mad cause i was trying to give tips on how to get it cheaper.

Anyways to be brief just use everything thats in your favour. For example the poster paid 89$ so lets say 45$ each which would make 90$. Now remember they work on comission so the more you pay the more they make but i can assite you that they rather make a few bucks then nothing at all.

So next is you factor in how many people are with you. Obviousky you will not pay 45 each when there is 4 of you so you drop the price down. Be nice and joke with them and counter their price. If you get them dow for example from 45 to 37 just say you will think about it and get back to them soon as its a given that another seller will come by a few minutes later to offer you the same thing.

So now you just say look he just offered 37$ and i didnt take it and i know you can do better. he will say alright 35$ abd push you to go then you simply counter and say look theres 4 of us we will pay 30 each and you will make the same commision as if you sold it to two people bit were ready to go right now. On top of that we will get you a drink, what do you want? (drinks are free to you so who cares) and if you have to throw it in say look give it to me for this price and i will book another excursion with you instead of someone else as we are planing to go to soana island. ( or whatever excursion comes tobyour head) right away they will give you the price you want.

A great example os the soana island excursion. In canada when you book your trip some sites offer you excursions and they have it at 95$. When you get to the resort the tour rep says its not safe book with me and its 90$. Dont beleive their stuff as you simply walk the beach and you can get it fir way cheaper. Ive been in punta cana sept 09 april 10 and sept 10 and never paid over 70$ for the excursion. I paid 63$, 58$ and 53$. Even once i was on the bus with people frOm france(they are great friends now) and they paid 115$ for the same trip that we paid 63$ fot. Why did they pay that? Cause there tour rep gave them that price and said its obly safd to book through them. Now the only thing i can say about booking on the beach is never pay in full. We always give a 15 to 20$ deposit and pay the restvwhen we are picked up. They give you a receipt with what you paid upfront and the balance owing. Once you get picked up and they check your receipt you pay the rest and your on your way for a great excursion.

I am sure people will comment after this saying its not safe to book on the beach etc but between friends and i we have booked over 25 excursions and never had a problem and everyone we meet on the excursion get pissed when they find out they paid tons more for the exact same trip.

You can search another tread of mine called tips for cheaper prices and free days at a resort. If you read you will see different ways to get the service you want at a resort. For example tipping techniques instead of a dollar at a time. Mind you i got hated on that tread as people seemed to have not agreed with how i do things but to each their own. The money i save pays for a free trip each year to lovely punta cana so i will continue to do what i do.

If you do have questions or want a tip feel free to ask.

Take care

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
12,986 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: parasailing

CCK42,

My best estimate would put your height between 100 - 150 feet - depending on the wind and boat speed. High enough for me and it sure does provide a nice view.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Rochester NY
Level Contributor
252 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: parasailing

My neighbor said that in the Outer banks you can go as high as 1,200 ft

Holy Crap!!!

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
12,986 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: parasailing

CCK42,

I think I will pass on that flight :)

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

calgary
Level Contributor
415 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: parasailing

I went parasailing last 2 times i was in Punta Cana. Although I don't know how high we were, I do know that when I lived in Toronto I lived on the 16th floor and we were most definatley much higher than that.

Regards,

Debra

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: parasailing

Definately over 100ft. I've climbed the 110 ft aerial ladder several times. My best guess would be 150 - 200 ft. And I'll pass in the 1200 ft too. My luck the wind would die and the boat run out of gas at the same time;-)