We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grand palladium

Renfrew, Canada
Level Contributor
279 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
grand palladium

what is the difference between palace, bavaro or punta cana

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: grand palladium

answered in your other post lol

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,319 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: grand palladium

Really no major differences

ontario
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: grand palladium

Nothing too major, rooms at palace would be better - followed by Bavaro then Punta Cana.

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
4,143 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: grand palladium

Do all rooms at the Palace have open concept bathrooms?

ontario
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: grand palladium

Best thing to do is go to palladiumaddict.net, click on punta cana then click accomodations. TONS of info and pics.

I have been to the Bavaro once, now trying the Royal Suites section, did my homework from the site I gave you.

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: grand palladium

I actually prefer the rooms in the Punta Cana section, because they are closest to the beach, our room was right on the beach. The Jacuzzi was in the open but the bathroom was totally private. The Bavaro section has really beautiful loft bungalows. The Palace section as I remember it wasn't anything special, but we didn't stay there so maybe I missed the good parts

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Montreal
Level Contributor
823 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: grand palladium

most rooms in Palace does, but you can request one with out but to be on the safer side The bavaro or Punta Cana has more rooms with closed bathrooms if I am not mistaken!!

But room wise nothing is different just locations, PC is closer to beach, Palace closer to a few restos, Bavaro is central to the disco, hemmingways, teen club, sports bar but more of a walk to the beach... also bavaro has lots of trees a little more tropically!

Edited: 03 September 2011, 03:07
Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: grand palladium

I would tell you that the real differences of the three would be the layout of the properties and the type of buildings of your accommodations.

The Bavaro villas are set on a very long stretch of property and spaced nicely to allow for a quieter and more private feel. If you don't mind a little walking through some stunning landscaped pathways that take you from the beach to the lobby, this section would be a good fit for you. Their jr suites are very spacious and have large private bathrooms with giant round jacuzzi tubs. These rooms are very nice, especially the ones located on the beach itself.

The Punta Cana section have their accomodations in 3 large hotel-like block buildings and is centralized to everything you need. You are just a few steps from the beach, restaurants and lobby. The Palace is also very centralized, but have the large villas instead of the block buildings. The Palace also offers the loft suites which are two floors. Of the three, I prefer the Bavaro section, even though it includes much walking. On site, it has the best buffet and many of the a la carte restaurnats. It also has the 24hr sports bar, an amphitheater for evening shows and Hemingways bar which offers premium alcohol.

I tend to agree with the other poster who directs you to the palladiumaddict.net website for detailed information of everything this resort offers.

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: grand palladium

If you want a closed concept bathroom then the Bavaro is your best choice as the palace has all open concept bathrooms. The PC section has closed concept bathrooms in buildings 2000 and 3000 but open concept in building 4000

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Tulcea, Romania
Level Contributor
553 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: grand palladium

Palladium can be taken as a huge hotel with three lobbies.

-punta cana is in center, close to everything.

-bavaro has the top shelf Hemingway bar, the most active lobby, close to the disco, sports bar and theatres, their buffet is said the best. some buildings are far from beach(5-8 mins at slow pace)

-palace is closest to beach, and quite close to center.

suggest to see a resort map