We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is your favorite resort activity?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,887 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
What is your favorite resort activity?

The animation team, what hard working people! I know at my job I often have to smile when I want to smack the holy he!! out of someone! Can you imagine having to do that for 12 hrs straight? My face would ACHE!

That being said, what resort-related activity did you like the best, the least or what activity left you scratching your head and saying WTF?

I enjoyed the dancing lessons. I have two left feet and boy was I laughing at myself!

Larry liked the water polo and volley ball, even though his body was aching from all that activity.

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is your favorite resort activity?

:0) in 10 trips we have never done any of the animation things............just not our thing

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
12,930 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is your favorite resort activity?

Without a doubt, my favorite aspect is meeting with the staff at the resort that are now considered as true friends after all our visits - to give them the hug they so deserve, to shed a tear together as it may have been close to a year since we saw each other - to see the smile on their faces as they recognize you from across the desk or as you enter the pool or as you enter their office - to give them a personal little gift, because that's just what we and i know that so many others do as well for our and their distant family.

After that, everything else is secondary, yet still absolutely wonderful - we are at our second home.

The people of the Dominican Republic are such wonderful caring people.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is your favorite resort activity?

Soaking up the sun on those beautiful beaches... By far my favourite thing to do!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is your favorite resort activity?

I totally agree with you. The Animation Team works extremely long hours and always have to smile, no matter what . That's why I often say in my comments: don't forget to tip the Animation Team.... cause the people who get lots of tips are the cleaning lady, the server(s) and bartendar(s). The Animation Team in my opinion deserve a lot of tips and I often bring them bottles of water since they cannot get anything from the bar themselves.

But as to answer your question, my husband likes to play pool volleyball. I like any game they play on the beach or the pool.

Best wishes!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is your favorite resort activity?

I'm afraid the only activity I participate in is drinking and lounging. I do both very well.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What is your favorite resort activity?

Our favourite is the dancing lessons...especially on when we brought our children along (7and 9) and they were up every time. The staff were amazing with the kids and treated them like their own. I could not have asked for better!

We like the pool volleyball, bocce ball, and the silly games. We like to watch the silly games...not participate!

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is your favorite resort activity?

I would have to agree that the animation team is really a valuable asset to any resort.

Some of my favorite activities are pool volleyball, water aerobics (especially the hip hop version), guacamole making lessons, salsa dance lessons and do-it-yourself pottery painting. My husband likes pool and beach volleyball....and people watching.

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is your favorite resort activity?

One resort we were at had an in the pool water balloon fight. It was mainly all adults participating and it was a blast. They kept it to a specific section of the pool by the swim up bar and some staff were throwing them at ones like my husband who became friends for the week. After it was done they brought out a few skimmer nets and we all helped clean up the mess.

My favorite activity involves, my floatie, a lazy river and a cold beverage but no animation team is required for that.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is your favorite resort activity?

I don't participate in much of the activities either , but one year I did yoga on the beach every morning at the Ambar and I really liked that. We were at one resort in Mexico where they had a small band playing by the pool in the late afternoon - with a table set up nearby serving nacho chips, guac and pico de gallo - and we really enjoyed that too.

essex
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What is your favorite resort activity?

French boules, horseshoes, archery, balloon fight (only done this once, but fantastic fun), silly golf, darts, the lot we join in everything, love it. Whatever is going on, we join in. Totally bored otherwise, obviously with a drink in hand!!!

Edited: 13 September 2011, 15:47