We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimsuits

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Swimsuits

Is there a place within walking distance of the resort area (or at their gift shops) where you can buy swimsuits? I am having a lot of trouble finding one for my trip.

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
12,996 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimsuits

Melmox,

Not sure which resort you are staying at , but you can certainly find them for sale in Punta Cana - many of the shops on the resort will also stock them - and some with some very nice styles.

It would seem to me that you would still be better off searching a bit further at home for a suit - what if you waited and then couldn't find one there ??

John

Brooklin (Bubba KIng)

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimsuits

Go to Palma Real Shopping Village. There are surf shops and a bathing suit store as well.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,366 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimsuits

IF you're at Bavaro princess, there's a lady who sets up a little shack each day on the beach and sells suits as well as pareos and a few other items. She's not part of the hotel but is permitted there by the hotel. Around dinnertime we'd see her packing up all her wares and the tram guys would help her get it all onboard and take her up to the lobby area.

One of my friends got a cute suit there.

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimsuits

most resorts should have them but if you are a difficult size ( dont mean to be rude but I need a DD size and I cant find that at the resort)

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimsuits

John: I am staying at NOW Larimar. Yeah, I would rather get one here, but apparently it is past swimsuit season in Pennsylvania. :) After I checked the seventh store (they have all had some form of a swimsuit rack or pile, but only bits and pieces and very odd sizes-truly leftovers), I have given up. Since I do not swim, I will not be heartbroken without a suit, though, so not terribly worried about it.

Caribbeandrea: Thanks, I will have to check that out and see how close it is to my resort.

LaTA3, what is a pareo?

Thanks, Sukie. I think I am about a 12, but I have not bought a swimming suit in at least ten years and do not know what size I was then.

Wellington, Ohio
Level Contributor
561 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimsuits

If you have a certain style of suit that you like you may want to try shopping online if you still have a little time before you go. Make sure that you check the return policy from whoever you buy from. I have great luck with JC Penney and the great thing is you can return unwanted items to the store. I have had to do this when the local stores did not have what I was looking for. Penney's St John's Bay suits fit quite nicely. I don't know what they would have left online right now but it is worth a try. Order the size you wear in regular clothes or try one size up. It is rare that swim suits run big. Also, if you can find two or three suits that would be a good idea as you will likely spend most of your time during the day wearing one. Good luck to you and I hope you enjoy your trip.

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,433 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swimsuits

Sears or Lands End should still have suits on-line. Use their sizing guides and order some that you like. These companies are excellent about returning merchandise.

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,433 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swimsuits

Sears or Lands End should still have suits on-line. Use their sizing guides and order some that you like. These companies are excellent about returning merchandise.

Clarksville
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Swimsuits

I just bought tankini tops (swim suit tops) from Lands End on Clearance, and they were excellent! I got them in 5 days US Postal Service. You can return them to any Sears/Kmart store if they don't fit.

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Swimsuits

Have you checked out Victoria Secret in store or on line? They usually have some nice ones.