We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping Area in PC

Brampton
Level Contributor
972 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping Area in PC

Hi Everyone,

Is there like a shopping area in Punta Cana and if so, how far is it from GBP Ambar?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
162 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping Area in PC

Hi!

San Juan Shopping Center is about 20-25 min taxi ride from GBP.

check www.sanjuanshoppingcenter.com

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
341 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping Area in PC

San Juan is okay to vist Hard Rock cafe or if you are at a condo to get groceries at the super pola , apart from that the stores are WAY overpriced , you can buy the same stuff in Canada or Amaerica for about 75% less . I was suprised how expensive it was when i went . Still nice to have a walk around .

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping Area in PC

Just to correct, Hard Rock is not located in San Juan shopping Center. It is located in Palma Real Shopping Village. This would also be my suggestion for a shopping mall as it is closer to Bahia Principe than San Juan and more variety of stores.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,202 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping Area in PC

Stella what kind of shopping are you looking for? High End crap, low end crap, souvenirs, food, booze? Lots of shopping in and around the area, let us know what you are looking for.

Cheers, Debbie

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
341 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping Area in PC

Oops , got the centre's messed up . I agree Palma Real is where Hard Rock , Tony Romas and the overpriced stores ( adidas , quicksiver etc ) San Juan has the super pola , good supermarket to stock up if you are not on a resort .

Brampton
Level Contributor
972 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping Area in PC

How far is the Palma Real Shopping Village from GBP Ambar

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping Area in PC

both Plazas are a 20 minutes from the Ambar.

the mentioned overprized one is the Palma Shopping at the Sol Melia Resort with Hard Rock, Tony Romas etc, they are expensive for Local Rates but the Hard Rock Cafes I visited in London and throughout the US been not any cheaper neither, if a Hard Rock Cafe and it;s souvenirs is You thingy then I say go for it.

San Juan Plaza is a new one, contains a great Supermarket for Groceries named "Super Pola", a big nacional Chain with everything Foodie/Drinkie needed in the House, most likely less interesting for a Guest of a AI Resort, lol, with a big Electronic/TV/Webber Grills/Wii Consoles/Fridges/Washing machines etc etc Store right aside the Pola, again I guess not of interest for a Visitor to a AI Resort.

they have a Wendy's if that's Your thingy,

a nice Place to sit outside for a coffee and cake or a cold beverage,

very good services around all the Places at San Juan Plaza, I personally like the spot a lot, as I live here and the shopping opportunities there for the household are great and very reasonable priced.

but for a AI resort Visitor??

if you look for 2 lbs of coffee and 2 Bottles of Rum to bring back home, then it would be the best/cheapest place around to buy such, but sure not worth a Cabby Ride.

Happy travels

Mike

8. Re: Shopping Area in PC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 20:15