We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana - Iberostar Bavaro vs Secrets Royal Beach

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bern, Switzerland
11 posts
Save Topic
Punta Cana - Iberostar Bavaro vs Secrets Royal Beach

Dear TA Members

I will stay in Punta Cana from 03.01.12 to 09.01.12. That meens HIGH Season and the Hotels will be fully booked.

Since two weeks I am reading reviews about this two resorts in Punta cana and I can not decide which of this two resorts I should book. Can someone help me to make a decision? Have someone been to both resorts and a personell opinion about both?

I like both resorts and thats what makes my decision so difficult. Personally I will go with my girlfriend. We are both young and like to be active..but dont need to have kids 24 hours around.

So I am a little bit more for the Secrets..but I need youre HELP! :-)

If Iberostar there is only one room type. But if you are for the Secrets Royal..which room type you would consider..Swim up room or ocean view room?

Thank you very much for your answers!

Paul ( from Switzerland )

jersey
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Cana - Iberostar Bavaro vs Secrets Royal Beach

Paul

Been to the Iberostar Bavaro 10 times and have never been dissappointed, guess you can say we love the place. We have only tried two others and always seem to go back to the IB. We have stopped in many resorts on our long walks on the beach, and most seem very nice, all the people we have talked to love the resorts they are staying at. Im sure whatever your decision is you will be happy with and you will have a good time.

Keep posting on this site and you will get lots of answers to all your questions.

Happy vacation

Mike

Greensburg...
Level Contributor
445 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Cana - Iberostar Bavaro vs Secrets Royal Beach

What building numbers do you suggest? We were at Iberostar Punta Cana in April and I got to see a portion of the Bavaro . We would prefer top the top floor in one of the buildings.

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta Cana - Iberostar Bavaro vs Secrets Royal Beach

I have not been to the Bavaro so I cannot compare for you. We did stay at the Royal Beach in a swim up room and loved it. If you like to sit by the pool it is wonderful. You have drink service direct to your lounger all day and the rooms are along the lazy river.

Our preference is a swim up. A view if the ocean is great but we preferred having our own poolside loungers right outside our room. If you do bit plan on sitting by the pool then an oceanview might be better for you.

Bern, Switzerland
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Punta Cana - Iberostar Bavaro vs Secrets Royal Beach

Thank you all for youre GREAT replys!

Mike..yore absolutly right..i look forward to have some very nice days there.

Catchinrayz..do you now if the ocean view rooms are really front ocean view

rooms? because i reed in some reviews that at Secrets royal there are no really ocean front seaview rooms, only some near the beach with partial seaview. If this is the case I think I will go for the swimm up room! :-)

Thanks - Paul

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Punta Cana - Iberostar Bavaro vs Secrets Royal Beach

Most of the rooms are on the sides of the building and would have a partial oceanview. I believe they do have a couple that are on the end of each building and may only be available to book thru the resort or while at the resort. If you can get one of the ocean front rooms it would be nice but the side partial view may not be worth the extra money.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Punta Cana - Iberostar Bavaro vs Secrets Royal Beach

Just came back yesterday and stayed in 2331 at Ibersostar Bavaro... absoloutely great! If you have a map of the resort it shows the room numbers and there are only about 12-14 that actually are ocean front and 2331 was one... Just across the walkway to the beach- and just a building down from the beachfront restaurant/bar.The Dominicana was being renovated and is closed so my only advice would be to try and request in advance a room away from bordering the dominicana...Actually was very quiet almost anywhere....Great,great time absolutely NO complaints-been there several times before...Beautiful,clean resort.

7. Re: Punta Cana - Iberostar Bavaro vs Secrets Royal Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 01:16