We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic to El Cortecito

Vancouver and...
Level Contributor
167 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic to El Cortecito

Hey there, I am travelling with 40 others to the Majestic for my wedding.

I want to put together a small 'guide' to give the guests. We have a wide range of ages coming, from my late 20's -30's wedding party to the 50-60 something parents and aunts/uncles.

From what I see, the Arena Gordo area where our hotel is located is not really close to much.

Would it be a fair assumption that most everything that my group would need can be foundin El Cortecito? It doesn't appear to be a walkable distance and that a cab or water taxi would make sense to run into this town. What would the water taxi approach cost, approximately? Is this a viable option, ie. are there water taxis readily available from in front of the Majestic? How much is a standard cab ride and how far is it from El Cortecito

Our people would like to be able to shop for Rum, cigars, trinkets, art work, local flavours etc.

From what I read, there is a myriad of restaurants, some slightly more elegant than others, but there are some cool looking beach front grill shacks, some clubs (Imagine looks neat)

Any ideas, must visit restauarant/bars, best places to shop etc in El Cortecito? Am I missing something? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Lindsay, Canada
Level Contributor
474 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic to El Cortecito

For starters I would get a map at puntacanatv.com. Scroll down to map #4 to give you an idea of distance.

Vancouver and...
Level Contributor
167 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic to El Cortecito

How up to date is that map?

murillo
Level Contributor
6,573 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic to El Cortecito

Map is up to date of June 2011. You can book a private boat , Catamaran that would hold your whole party. That would be a blast.Look up Excursions on the front page .

Lindsay, Canada
Level Contributor
474 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic to El Cortecito

Type in El Cortecito in the forum question space just above your question for all kinds of hits or try another question in that space.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic to El Cortecito

For water taxis ask at your hotel's watersports center, they should be able to get one for you and give you a rough idea of pricing. Price depends on the number of people in your group but it'll be more expensive than a land taxi/minibus. Land taxi/minibus takes about 10 to 15 minutes to Cortecito, probably around 20 to 30 $US per taxi one way.

Hassle free shopping can be found at Los Pinos gift shop Plaza in Cortecito (marked on Map 4).

Comedor Comoma is a good, clean place to eat a typical Dominican lunch (on Map 4 Ave Espana) puntacanatv.com/punta-cana-restaurant-comoma…

If you prefer beach front then there's Captain Cooks Seafood restaurant (a bit of a tourist trap IMO but popular with many) or Palma Sands next door (decent well priced pizzas). Pulpo Cojo is more upmarket and priced accordingly (nice beach front setting but i wasn't that impressed with the food or service).

5 minutes south of Cortecito is Los Corales - Outside Inn comes highly recommended (can't comment personally as have not eaten there yet). Balicana is another very good one. Soles Chill Out bar has a great beach front location and decent grub.

A trip to Macao beach might also be of interest puntacanatv.com/macao-beach-punta-cana.html

Clubs - Mangu (Map 4) and Imagine are the 2 most liveliest.

Have fun!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic to El Cortecito

the Maps shown on Punta CanaTV.com are always up to date, they are as fact the most up to date maps you can get for the PC Area, and they are the ONLY Ones who are On Scale, so You get a real Idea of Real Distances.

Happy Travels

Mike

7. Re: Majestic to El Cortecito

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 09:22