We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence or Royal Suites Turquesa

chadds ford
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Excellence or Royal Suites Turquesa

HI, We are going to Punta Cana for the first time. Love the all inclusive, all adult resort, that's not huge and not too far from other activities...any suggestions?

Mountain Top...
Level Contributor
605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence or Royal Suites Turquesa

We been to both, they are great resorts. Excellence is a true adults only resort and Royal Suites is a adults only resort within The Pallidiums which is not adults only. Service is great at both resorts, if your a beach person then The Royal Suites is the way to go. If your a food person and want more of a romantic couples place and dont mind the ocean being rough then Excellence is the way to go. No matter which one you pick you will have a great time cant go wrong with either...

Mountain Top...
Level Contributor
605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence or Royal Suites Turquesa

Excellence is just the perfect size resort, but its further out there about a hr from the airport.. The Royal Suites will be alot closer to everything, but you dont like huge resorts as the resort is part of The Palladium Resorts so that might not appeal to you

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
331 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence or Royal Suites Turquesa

If you like waves, the beach at EPC is fun. We like the remoteness. No one but the guests use the EPC beach so it is like it's own little club. We liked that. If you want to shop, Vendors come twice weekly and set up tables like a big flea market. Also, there is always Nancy's hut that is located just past the Excellence Club beach. It's the first hut on the left. She does not pressure you, speaks perfect English and, if you don't see your size, color or something, she can get what you want if you ask.

While I never been to the Royal Suites, I can say that EPC has good food, a great animation team, a fun, wavy beach and a great vibe.

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence or Royal Suites Turquesa

What I like about RST is the fact that if I want a quiet relaxing day, I stay on the Royal property and enjoy the solitude it offers and the soft rolling waves where you can swim in the ocean waters as if you were in a pool. On days or evenings when we want a little excitement, we just call for a transfer/golf cart or stroll over to the sister resorts where the animation teams will keep you laughing. We also like the large selection of various a la carte restaurants we can eat at, utilizing all the sister resort facilities. It's the best of two worlds for a perfect vacation. The RST now has two of their own a la carte restaurants in addition to their buffet for dining, so you really wouldn't have to leave the property if you didn't want to. Food is excellent, their new swim-up suites are incredibly beautiful and service leaves you pampered and spoiled. We are heading there again in 32 days. Can't wait.

murillo
Level Contributor
6,434 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence or Royal Suites Turquesa

Did any of you read the post ? i'd say neither ...Maybe the Iberostar Grand. Try another look at Adult Only AI's

Mountain Top...
Level Contributor
605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence or Royal Suites Turquesa

Ya i see Excellence or the Royal Suites..or maybe it doesent say that?..So i commented on them both resorts and if you read..i stated Excellence was further away and Royal Suites is part of a huge resort....Wont comment on a resort i havent been too, not even with a maybe..... The op was looking for a all adults only resort and Excellence is true all adults only resort..

Edited: 05 October 2011, 13:22
chadds ford
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence or Royal Suites Turquesa

Thanks everyone, We wound up at the Royal Turquesa and I will post a report with the positives and negatives of our week.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,559 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellence or Royal Suites Turquesa

Have fun

Castlegar, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellence or Royal Suites Turquesa

How was your trip? My husband and I are going in March and are torn between these two hotels. If you can let me know the pros and cons. Thanks

10. Re: Excellence or Royal Suites Turquesa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 21:40