We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me decide

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Help me decide

So it is Grand Paradsie Bavaro or VIK Hotel Arena Blanca.. Which would you choose for the same price?? Thanks

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me decide

I don't think you'll get alot of positive comments on either, however, we stayed at Grand Paradise in February 2010 and had a great holiday. I guess it all depends on what you're expectations are.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me decide

What is your budget and when are you going? We can maybe help you with more solid choices. Sometimes with a little bit of extra money in your budget you can get alot more value.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me decide

These 2 are 800$ That is what I wanted to spend.. I have been checking for the past 2 weeks and nothing is dropping.Any ideas fellow Montrealer will be welcome. Thanks. i am leaning toward the VIk.. It is smaller and seems to get better reviews. We are not very fussy.

Lee's Summit...
Level Contributor
507 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me decide

In that price range, book the Catalonia Bavaro or Punta Cana Princess. Much more bang for your buck.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me decide

I wanted to try Catalomia but it is 1100$ for the same week. Cant find PC Princess but Bavaro princess is 1050$ We are Seniors and like to go 3-4 times a year and spend less on each hotel. Thanks for the ideas.

Summerside
Level Contributor
1,436 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me decide

The Occidental Grand is a four star and pricing at 860 out of Montreal. May be another one to consider if your expectations are not high.

new hampshire
Level Contributor
693 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help me decide

We stayed at the Grand Paradise 2 years ago and had a blast, I have not heard to many good things about VIK since it changed names so thats why we never booked there. GP was really a nice resort and the food was also very good, rooms very clean :) Good luck!!

8. Re: Help me decide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 00:16