We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bradley, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Punta Cana

We leave for Punta Cana on November 14th for 7 days. I have been watching the weather channel and it shows 60% chance of rain every day so far....does anyone have any idea what the weather is like there in November....I am starting to panic...help

Missi

Ajijic, Mexico
Level Contributor
795 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Punta Cana

Missi,

If you do a search in this forum on `weather`you will find a TON of entries, mostly people starting to panic because of scary weather forecasts - don`t worry. The weather forecasts are notoriously unreliable and when they correctly forecast rain it may be for five minutes and may (often as not) occur at night.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Punta Cana

Missy:

It's way too early to predict the weather on November 14. Don't even bother checking the day before you leave, as chances are that it will be wrong then too.

We've been to Punta Cana in late November and always had great weather - sunny and hot with an occasional passing shower.

Edited: 24 October 2011, 21:08
Hamilton,Ontario
Level Contributor
335 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Punta Cana

I agree with the above. It rained when we were there, and it only lasted maybe 10 minutes.... Go and enjoy your vacation, and don't worry.

Hamden, CT
Level Contributor
49 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Punta Cana

Missy

You are going @ the tail end of the rainy season; I was there a few weeks later and we had rain once. The sun does come out and it's warm and you are away so don't freak out.

Lorri

Arnprior, Canada
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Punta Cana

Unless you have cancellation insurance its really not worth worrying about. Been to PC 7 times, had one day of heavy rain and one 5 minute shower. Been in Feb, Mar and April.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Punta Cana

We just got back from the Mayan Riviera and the forecast was 70% rain.

We had beautiful weather for 10 of our 12 days there.

Brampton
Level Contributor
970 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Punta Cana

I've come to realize over the years that all these weather websites for the carribean are not accurate at all. Just keep your fingers crossed and hope for the sunshine.

8. Re: Weather in Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 15:18