We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

price increases.

oklahoma
Level Contributor
71 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
price increases.

Has anyone else noticed a huge increase in prices for next year. For example the RIU palace which normally goes for about 3,000 to 3,500 for a week in july is going for nearly 7,000? Whats going on? I've noticed this with several other resorts also.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: price increases.

I just checked and out of Toronto mid July at the Rui Palace - a gardenview room for one week is $3,950 per copule. Perhaps you should shop around. This was on the Traveli2000's website,

Goodluck

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: price increases.

Prices have gone way up the last year or two.

england
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: price increases.

Sadly it's same over here. The DR may become a place of memories.

Just getting way too expensive... :-(

stamford, ct
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: price increases.

It is because of the demand. Costa Rica and Panama are getting quite popular and also Barbados. I feel the prices for Pv are astronomical. The airfare is insane and ridiculous.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
628 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: price increases.

I thought we have got a bargain!! £5500 2 adults & 2 teenagers in august 2 weeks at the hard rock, couldnt get a hotel this standard like this in europe.

mel.

england
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: price increases.

Untill this year we've never paid more than £ 1500 for 2 people for 2 weeks.

Now it's almost that pp.

Sparky

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,031 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: price increases.

That works out to about $2400cdn or $1200 each for 2 weeks...pretty sweet deal especially for a long haul flight. I think the reality of the flight costs are catching up and those who are flying trans Atlantic will see an increase regardless of what country it is.

LOL...we talk about high taxes and fees for the DR....I just priced out a flight from Toronto to London England for my birthday.....

$99.00 return....BUT....$522 in taxes!!!!

Give it to you in one hand...and take it with the other!

Cheers

PCMike

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
564 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: price increases.

Hi guys, are you talking "accommodation only(AO)" bookings, or are you including flights?

Mac, the HR has a kids free deal at present! For two weeks AO in August, with kids 16 & 14, you should get Caribbean Suite for 3300GBP, and the Caribbean family suite for 4300GBP!

Jwd, I have seen a UK booking site which has a Jnr Suite at the Riu Palace for two people at 1000GBP AO, for a week in July!

england
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: price increases.

Air Transat. Dep 7th feb - Ret 14th feb £396,

About the same. :-)

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,882 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: price increases.

What surprises me is that after reading lots of posts and reviews it seems we expect newer and better services from the resorts yet we expect the prices to never go up for these services. The number of poeple that complain because the resort does not include free WiFi in the rooms, or have top international drinks included, or renovate their rooms every 2 years, or have the top of the line fluffy towels and bedding, or supply a personal butler who is there to serve you and only you!

The more these things are added to resorts the more we will have to pay for them.

Seems too many people want everything included in their vacation but they are not willing to pay for it. There are a number of budget resorts in Punta Cana the problem is they do not offer the bonus services that people seem to feel they need.