We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunwing doesn't honor web prices

Ontario
Level Contributor
312 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Sunwing doesn't honor web prices

I just wanted to rant.

Saw a great deal for excellence last night on Sunwing, $775 for a week out of Toronto Dec 13 or 14. I tried to book this morning but after going through the web reservation the price is now $1350, a giant difference. I thought oh well missed that one, should have booked quicker. I come home from work tonight and there web site still shows $775, try to book and high price comes up again. I phone Sunwing and the operator put's me on hold for quite awhile, comes back and says basically to bad we won't honor the web price but we will get IT to change the price online, doesn't help me any. I just checked again and they have changed the Dec 13 price online but the Dec 14 is still $775, This is wrong since this morning, how many others have wasted there time trying to book,

This really makes me reconsider using Sunwing in the future if they can't even honor there advertised pricing what other service will they not honor.

Barrie, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunwing doesn't honor web prices

call the BBB sounds like bait and switch.

Stirling, Canada
Level Contributor
837 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunwing doesn't honor web prices

had this happen before too but it was an IT problem too, Can't remember the tour operator. Annoying but **it happens. Not a perfect world is my motto!!!

Wallaceburg, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunwing doesn't honor web prices

Nolitours did that today too. They would not offer their advertised deal i found online lastnight for Majestic Elegance. The same deal is still offered today. I've called twice and 1st they told me it was an error and they would look into it then they told me during the 2nd call that it was a deal that ended lastnight. Either way the would not honor the price. Pretty disapointing.

Toronto
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunwing doesn't honor web prices

This occurs quite a bit with websites like itravel & selloffs, but I haven't heard it much with the travel carriers.

My suggestion would be to call and ask to speak with a manager/product directors level. The reps on the phone can only make bookings but do not have the ability to make these decisions. It may not do anything, but definitely worth a shot by escalating it. It may help your situation if you're a return customer with Sunwing and have spent thousands of dollars "investing" in their company.

The worst they can say is no.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
153 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunwing doesn't honor web prices

As a follow up to FunVaca.. post, if the price showing on the web is still the lower price, I would take a screen shot of it. The saved screen shot would be date and time stamped, so you could also use that as evidence when speaking to a higher-up.

Susan

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
290 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunwing doesn't honor web prices

Most of the online sites have a disclaimer that advises you must proceed to a certain step or page to see final pricing. Sunwing has one that states: ...To confirm availability and final pricing you MUST proceed to Step 3, by clicking Confirm Price & Availability. The price shown at Step 3 constitutes the final guaranteed price and prevails over any other price...

We had a similar situation with Sunquest and were advised that this disclaimer covers the differences you may see on the first page versus the payment confirmation page. It is up to the customer to read the disclaimer and confirm final pricing before booking.

Still annoying though.

Welland
Level Contributor
105 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunwing doesn't honor web prices

fully understand your situation. Years ago we had an issue with sunwing and will never again use them to travel. They outright lied to us and would not admit it and even when we called them on it, they lowered our price a bit but did not admit their error. Never again will I travel with them!!!!!

Ontario
Level Contributor
312 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunwing doesn't honor web prices

I see now that after a minimum of at least 12 hours that I'm aware of Sunwing has finally changed there web prices for Excellence. I guess somebody finally woke up or got a phone call from the higher ups. I also have learned that Sunwing is the only Canadian carrier that doesn't pay the entery and exit fee's for Dominican even though they charge $380 taxes.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
4,441 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunwing doesn't honor web prices

^^^^^^^^^..,

Although more times than not,they are the cheapest carrier !

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
2,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunwing doesn't honor web prices

It is unfortunate, but it was an error. IMO, I don't think this was an under-handed attempt to bring consumers in their direction for business.

Many people today seem to think they have the right to punish a business for making an error, and expect to get their way at all costs. I, for one, can accept that error happened and move on.

As for the entry/departure fees.... it doesn't matter when you pay for them, you will still pay for them, so I don't understand why that's an issue for some. And, if you are unhappy with the taxes/fees a carrier charges, ask for a break down of them, and if you are still unhappy, shop elsewhere.