We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Bavaro Beach Adults Only - Anyone Been Recently?

N. Atlanta
Level Contributor
880 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelo Bavaro Beach Adults Only - Anyone Been Recently?

Has anyone stayed here recently? Was thinking of booking for next June. I understand that it is the old Palace and has been renovated. Any comments on the renovations?

Also, was wondering if you are free to use the restaurants in the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe section?

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach Adults Only - Anyone Been Recently?

Hopefully someone can comment further that has been to the hotel recently - but as far as I have heard lately - the renovations are underway and are scheduled to be complete December 2011. Assuming they run late - you are still likely safe for June,

Yes - you can use the facilities (including restaurants) at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe section.

N. Atlanta
Level Contributor
880 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach Adults Only - Anyone Been Recently?

Thanks for your response. I thought I read somewhere that you were limited in your choices of alacarte restaurants or they were only available with an extra fee.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach Adults Only - Anyone Been Recently?

The restaurants that are 'free' are available (free) whether you are staying in the Palace Deluxe or the Beach (adult only).

The charge restaurants ( French and International Gourmet). are free for 'club premium' guests but are at are a charge for other guests in the complex.

N. Atlanta
Level Contributor
880 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach Adults Only - Anyone Been Recently?

I think that you are probably correct because it makes sense. Otherwise you would have very few choices of restaurants. However, I have sent them an email to hopefully get clarification from them. I don't want any surprises when I arrive. Below is what is on the Barcelo.com website under the Barcelo Bavaro Beach Adults only description. I cut and pasted it here:

All Barceló Bávaro Beach guests can access all of the Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe services except: The Mexican, Japanese, Spanish, Italian and French restaurants (available with a supplement and prior booking, all services included for Club Premium guests).

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach Adults Only - Anyone Been Recently?

Yikes - I'd agree - email the hotel for clarification.

That's pretty much all the restaurants on the Deluxe side. It would be very limited in dining options and hopefully not the case.

Sedalia, Missouri
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach Adults Only - Anyone Been Recently?

Have you heard anything from the hotel about the restaurants? We are looking at traveling there in June also, but not if the restaurants are that limited. Also, I was wondering about transportation from the airpoirt to the resort. Is the shuttle included or do we need to make our own arrangement?

7. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach Adults Only - Anyone Been Recently?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2013, 10:15