We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Compact resorts for easy walking?

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Compact resorts for easy walking?

My husband and I are looking for a nice resort in January. We've stayed at Punta Cana Princess and Allegro Occidental in the past and liked how easy they are to walk around (he's had several back surgeries). We stayed at Gran Bahia Principe and it was too big for our tastes; and we'd prefer not to have to take trains to get from the lobby to beach, etc.

Since we've never been to the end of the beach where Sirenis is located I'm looking at this hotel. Does anyone know how big this resort is? The reviews are pretty good but I'm not sure about the size of the property.

Thanks for any other suggestions any of you might have!!

Starz

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Compact resorts for easy walking?

The Sirenis resort is not huge (no trains and such) but still quite a bit bigger than the Allegro. Not sure how it compares to Gran Bahia Principe.

A resort similar in size/level to the Allegro that we really enjoyed (more than Allegro) is "Be Live Canoa" - although it is Bayahibe and was under a different company at the time.

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Compact resorts for easy walking?

OK thanks. Did Be Live used to be under the name Eden H Real?

We stayed there when it was brand new and the service was horrible.

The resort was gorgeous but they had overbooked and didn't have enough staff to manage all the guests.

I'm sure by now they've gotten that figured out if it's under different management!

Starz

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Compact resorts for easy walking?

No - it's not the same resort. 'Be Live' is the chain name - like Melia, Barcelo etc. The 'Canoa' is the part of the name that would identify it.

When we were there is was Grand Marien Canoa I think- that was about 6 years ago. Then it became Oasis Canoa - which has since been renamed 'Be live Canoe' although I think 'Be Live' is just a new name for the 'Oasis' chain ...

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Compact resorts for easy walking?

I thought that the Dreams Palm Beach was quite compact and easy walking to everything.

Whitney, Canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Compact resorts for easy walking?

We also found Dreams palm Beach easy to navigate on foot. It was pretty compact we thought

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Compact resorts for easy walking?

Ok thanks! Dreams palm beach used to be allegro occidental I think?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Compact resorts for easy walking?

Dreams PC is also pretty compact - lots of kids though....

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,792 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Compact resorts for easy walking?

We agree that Dreams Palm Beach is one of the more compact resorts in Punta Cana.

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Compact resorts for easy walking?

Thanks everyone!

I'll check rates for the Dreams properties too.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,937 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Compact resorts for easy walking?

Dreams PB is very easy to get around. Shaped like a big U and right on the beach. It was the Allegro at one time but has been changed quite a bit, even the pools.