We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting priced out of Punta Cana!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
360 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Getting priced out of Punta Cana!

It seems like prices have gone through the roof in February and April when the kids are off. Understandably every year it costs more but it doesn't even look like we can swing it this year. :(

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting priced out of Punta Cana!

I agree.................have started to look at the Mayan Riviera and Jamaica.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
360 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting priced out of Punta Cana!

But I want Punta Cana! When we first started going, everyone would tell us not to go and that it was too dangerous. My husband kept telling me not to share our secret because then everyone would want to go. It sure hasn't taken long for word to get out.

murillo
Level Contributor
6,434 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting priced out of Punta Cana!

Looking at Paradisus Punta cana and it jumped up $400 in 24 hours. what up . If it is going to be over $6k for 10 days we are going to St .Lucia.....We have been to PC the last 8 years in a row , and like it but not that much. Anyone know what day West jet deals happen , wed. at midnight ?

Edited: 16 November 2011, 13:28
Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
564 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting priced out of Punta Cana!

It does seem to vary across different booking sites! For hotels only, I am seeing as much as 50% difference for same hotel across different sites! It also varies on a daily basis, and not just for currency adjustments!

Bomberro, St Lucia not an alternative for us UK dwellers! The cheapest AI hotel I could find for next Summer was more expensive than both Dreams and Majestics!

Edited: 16 November 2011, 13:33
Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting priced out of Punta Cana!

Here in the Netherlands I was just in time with booking my trip (booked it 2 weeks ago).

A two week trip for one person to Punta cana suddenly went up between $ 300 and $700! (depending on the resort)

Amy

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
2,680 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting priced out of Punta Cana!

for Canada some of the best pricing im seeing is with the tour operators directly,,

transat holidays pops up some good deals from time to time,,,

but seems here in Canada the operators warned early booking is where the deals were going to be this year and so far they have proved themselves to be correct

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting priced out of Punta Cana!

Yes we took advantage of the early booking bonus as well here in Canada.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,952 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting priced out of Punta Cana!

Yeap we booked early and paid less then last year for the same resort at the same time.

Too many people waiting for deals that are not happening. Or waiting for a specific resort.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting priced out of Punta Cana!

Bomberro, check out paradisus Palma real... When I went I agreed to a 90 min timeshare presentation in exchange for a huge discount on the room. The presentation lasted about 10 min because I told the guy that I had less than zero interest and he's better off working on the next group of ppl. Basicly paid for flights plus 800 for the room for a week. Pm me and ill give u more detail..

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
360 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting priced out of Punta Cana!

I start looking about 10 months earlier and I haven't really found any deals. Made a mistake in going to Grand Paradise this year and I'm not doing that again no matter how cheap it is.