We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
What's with Punta Cana's weather forecast??

Rain, Rain, and more Rain!!! Sure hope it gets better soon!!

Ajijic, Mexico
Level Contributor
795 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's with Punta Cana's weather forecast??

Oh good - calling for rain. I was worried maybe it was snow...

Brampton
Level Contributor
983 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's with Punta Cana's weather forecast??

Don't look at the online forecast it's never quite accurate....

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What's with Punta Cana's weather forecast??

Hey,

for Today they been accurate.

it's rare, but once in a while....

ha ha

Mike

Ajijic, Mexico
Level Contributor
795 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's with Punta Cana's weather forecast??

Well, even a broken clock is right twice a day. If they call for rain every day sooner or later they are bound to be right.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's with Punta Cana's weather forecast??

Always says rain..................and it usually does at night.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's with Punta Cana's weather forecast??

It's not just Punta Cana. Check any long-range forecast for any Caribbean island and it will probably say rain.

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
3 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's with Punta Cana's weather forecast??

They are legaly bound to report rain if you look at the icon it shows a sun some cloud and rain underneath. There is a small chance it will rain for a few minutes in the evening or early morning but rare to rain all day long. They show you the possibilities but 90% of the time it is sun often some clouds and little refreshing showers.

Edited: 16 November 2011, 23:48
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
2,437 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's with Punta Cana's weather forecast??

What, rain in PC?

No way, can't happen, this place is supposed to guarantee all travellers perfect weather. The nerve!

Giggles! :-p

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,682 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's with Punta Cana's weather forecast??

Legally bound????

I hardly think so! Weather forecasting is a prediction...not a certainty. Nobody is "legally bound" to any forecast.

The biggest issue I see with literally all of these weather threads is a simple lack of understanding as to what it all means.

We live our world in icons and very short news pieces about the world and then jump to erroneous conclusion...simply because we take shortcuts.

We book resorts based on price...not what we desire in a resort and come back disappointed at times.

It is time to also understand that the following words....mean little....

"chance of"

"risk of"

"periods of"

All of these often used phrases mean generally the same....short, widely scattered periods of whatever. It does not mean RAIN RAIN RAIN. It means SUN SUN SUN with scattered short duration showers over a small area within the forecast region.

This morning I drove 1.5 miles north of my apartment...sun at my place when I left...5 minutes later at Friusa...rain....at the school a 1/4 mile away....no rain.

That is what to expect.

Cheers

PCMike

10. Re: What's with Punta Cana's weather forecast??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2012, 10:25