We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium

Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Grand Palladium

Hey everyone!

We are finally narrowed down to one of the Grand Palladiums. What are the pros and cons to the Grand palladium Punta Cana, Palace, and Bavaro. Can you use all of the facilities at all of them? What is the difference between the three of them? Which one would be the best to book?

Thanks so much!

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
376 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Palladium

We had reservations in the Bavaro section of the resort on two different occasions and we were placed in buildings 71 and 64. These buildings were ideal as they are located somewhat in the middle of the Palladium complex which made for easier access to all pools, all restaurants and are not to far from the beach. The best buffet restaurant was La Catedral which is located in the Bavaro section. The main theatre is located closest to the Bavaro section as is the Sports Bar and the Hemmingway Bar which is a nice bar to visit for some quieter time and good drinks.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Palladium

I always go to the palladium Punta cana because its more central and close to the beach. But thats not to say the Bavaro or Palace are not as good. Yes you can use all of the facilities except for the Royal suites. I have found that the Bavaro lobby is very busy in the evening with live music, and you can also visit Hemmingways for some top shelf drinks all included. no reservations required for the a la carte's. 24 hour sports bar, disco and two theatres. I am certain you will find what you want at this resort.

Level Contributor
945 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Palladium

I have been to the Palladium only once but we had a great time.

We were there 4 years ago in the "Palace Section", the newer one (although now you have refurbished rooms on the "Bavaro" side).

The "Palace" is smaller and closer to the beach. You have standard suites and Lofts. We were in a Loft and found it to be very nice.

The "Punta Cana" side is in buildings so everything is very close by. Good if you have kids or problems with mobility.

The "Bavaro" is more widespread and you may have to walk a bit (or catch the tram). But it is lovely.

You can access the several restaurants as far as I remember.

I really depends on what your needs are. If you want to have everything close hand go to the PC or Palace side.

IMO, you cannot go wrong with any of the Palladium Sections.

PS* You also have the RST if you want to splurge a little.

Edited: 21 November 2011, 12:01
Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
4. Re: Grand Palladium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2012, 10:27