We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Elegance (club) or ???

Boston...
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Majestic Elegance (club) or ???

Hi All:

We are considering booking this resort but would like to know if others with similar charicteristcs should be considered? Important Resort Features for us include: Adult Only, Great Beach for tanning and hanging around in the water (we are beach people), good food/brand name liquor, good service, nice new/updated accomodations, and a mid-sized resort that would not require taking a shuttle to get to places on it etc.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Elegance (club) or ???

HI,

Elegance club is nice but I found the beach quite crowded.

If you are beach people then the beach of Iberostar Grand Bavaro would be nicer.

It is more expensive but I sometimes see deals where the club section and the IGB are not all that much apart money wise.

If you can afford it go to the Grand, 100% kids free, not too big al all and much more upmarket than Elegance.

Amy

Manitoba
Level Contributor
174 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Elegance (club) or ???

I would have to agree, and while it's not adults only, Iberostar Bavaro has a great beach and beach bar. The Grand however is just that, Grand and well worth it. ME has a great pool and way above both Iberostars.

Boston...
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Elegance (club) or ???

Thank You guys for the input. Ill have to check out iberostar. Are there any others or is that pretty much it givien my preferences.

murillo
Level Contributor
6,412 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Elegance (club) or ???

I'm pretty sure IB is not mid size , and alot more $ . ME is 3 years old and right up your alley for your requests.The club section is never packed and your can get a palapa any time you want , pretty much.We are beach people too and always found a spot , even people showing up at 11 am.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Elegance (club) or ???

Iberosar Bavaro is not more expensive than the Elegance club (not over here anyway).

If I had to choose between Iberostar Bavaro and Elegance I would certainly go for Elegance (club section).

Iberostrar Grand Bavaro is more expensive but is defiantly not a big resort , in fact the resort grounds are quite small but the way it is build they managed to get quite a few rooms in it.

If I had to choose between the Grand or Elegance it really is a extremely easy choice and I would go for the Grand.

Amy

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Elegance (club) or ???

You may want to look into Secrets Royal Beach. Beautiful beach, about 2 years old so very modern rooms, top shelf liquor and great service.

murillo
Level Contributor
6,412 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Elegance (club) or ???

Hey catchinrayz , just looked up secrets rb , from TO $7000 plus tax , IB 5600 , ME , less than both...

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic Elegance (club) or ???

Bomberro, when is that for? That is just under twice as much as what we were looking at for in January and April.

Last April when we went to ME it was more them our SRB the year prior.

We were just looking at prices for a few couples for our next trip in the new year and rates were almost half the $7000 rate

murillo
Level Contributor
6,412 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Majestic Elegance (club) or ???

that was from thunder bay , from TO it is $6239.90 + tax . for one week to Secrets ?

10. Re: Majestic Elegance (club) or ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 06:41