We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Fond du Lac...
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What are the 2 best excursions in punta cana?

I heard the outback safari is great. Any other suggestions?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
459 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the 2 best excursions in punta cana?

It really depends on personel preference but me and karen will be doint the ATV, and the dunebuggy excursion. Reason. We will be in control of both vehicles. Both of these sound fun to us but may not be fun for other couples/families. if interested you can see website.

www.bavarorunners.com ATV/SAFARI and a few other types of adventure.

www.dune-buggy.com only dune buggys and they look like they are a blast. there is a video you can watch to see some of the places they go. i thionk both come with a short horseride and both go to caves where you can takwe a dip in a nice cool cave pool. HAve fun in your decision. PSS> from what i have been studying you can get these websites to email you there phone and pricing. This way when you get to your hotel you can call them direct and save lotta money. Example to do the dunebuggy if i book through my travel agent or at the hotel it would be about $99 if i call when i arrive at the hotel the cost for same trip is $60/65. Sorry so long winded.

happy travels

paul&karen

They should give me a free trip for all the advertising i do for them. lol

Vermont
Level Contributor
536 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the 2 best excursions in punta cana?

Any bar on the beach and the jacuzzi in my room!:)

Just Kidding...I am also interested in the excusions offered in Punta Cana. I did the Monster Truck Safari in Puerto Plata and loved it...Outback Safari similar?

Thanks!

Ashley

Canada
Level Contributor
311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the 2 best excursions in punta cana?

I have not been to the DR yet going in Sept. but I have read many reviews on a snorkel trip to the Marinarium. You go to the site on a cat., where you have some drinks and dancing and having fun. Then you get to swim with the nurse sharks and stingrays. After that I believe you go to a sandbar where you float around as they serve you drinks in the water. I know we will be going on this excursiona and cannot wait!!! 203 sleeps to go. If you want to check out their website go to marinarium.com

Chicago, Illinois...
Level Contributor
169 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the 2 best excursions in punta cana?

My girlfriend and I were in PC over new year's and we went on 2 excursions: Marinarium and Outback Safari. I posted a detailed review on January 3, 2006 "Great end to the year 2005". I recommend both.

Marinarium: We took a catamaran out to a holding pen and snorkeled into the pen and you see the huge nurse sharks and manta rays. They take you to a secluded beach and they serve you drinks while you hang out in the shallow water. 1/2 day long.

Outback: All day long. Take a tour into the countryside and you see how the locals live, see the small towns, see and walk through a typical dominican home, see some wildlife held in a makeshift zoo (lizards, tarantulas, etc.), see what cocoa, coffee looks like fresh. After that, you have an authentic lunch. Very yummy. After that, they take you to a gift shop where you can buy some things for very cheap. Last, we were taken to a secluded beach for an hour of boogie-boarding (Very fun!) The roads were totally full of pot holes so that made the travel a bit tough. They did provide you with a cooler of drinks though.

cheers

New Jersey
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What are the 2 best excursions in punta cana?

Go on the Outback Safari, It was awesome, the whole day. Make sure to take Dramamine for motion sickness, I did and was very thankful, the driver avoids the potholes, but if you have a sensitive stomach you can feel sick!! This adventure was the highlight of our trip, and you felt very safe as well!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What are the 2 best excursions in punta cana?

Hey Ashley..

You are a naughty naughty girl LOLOL

4 wheeler Bavero Runners

Horseback riding on the beach

Terry aka SB