We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lobster at Melia

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Topic
Lobster at Melia

Does anyone know the chances of Lobster being served at the Melia Caribe/Tropical during the next few weeks??

Dunnville, Canada
Level Contributor
840 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lobster at Melia

If you are looking for whole lobster you will have to dine at the Steak and Lobster outside restaurant which is extra cost of $35.00. You can get lobster medallions in a prepared sauce dish at "Ma Mason" or at the Capri.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,843 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lobster at Melia

Hope you realise that the lobster they serve down south is not like what we have here in Canada. I would not pay extra for it no matter what! But to each there own.

Hamilton, Ontario...
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lobster at Melia

They usually have lobster at the buffet one night a week.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Lobster at Melia

I'd second sackie's comments ..

I love lobster - but no way would I pay for Caribbean lobster and even when it is free at a resort - I don't usually bother as it is quite a disappointment if you are thinking it is similar to East Coast Canada or Maine lobster.

When I hear $35 for Caribbean lobster I am amazed that people would pay that.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
503 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lobster at Melia

If you stay Royal Service they have a restaurant exclusive to RS guests and have lobster on the menu and can have every night but like others said it's not as good as you can expect at home.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,843 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lobster at Melia

wedding - so true. We have been at resorts where they serve lobster at the buffet on seafood night and the line up to get the lobster is crazy. We can't be bothered standing in the line for Caribbean lobster! Besides I find the shrimp down south is better then the lobster.

If they have lobster on the menu at an a la carte sometimes we order it but usually not. Depends on what else is on the menu. But watching others you see most do order the lobster!

7. Re: Lobster at Melia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2012, 10:17