We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon:: Dreams Punta Cana or Gran Bahia Ambar in PC

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon:: Dreams Punta Cana or Gran Bahia Ambar in PC

Ok...I am ready to book the honeymoon and both these resorts are equally priced. I'm not sure which one to go with. I had a friend who went to the Gran Bahia Esmeralda which is next to the Ambar but Esmerelda is a family hotel and she loved it. I've read great things about Dreams PC on this site. The honeymoon will be late April and we are in our early 30's. Any help/suggestions/feedback will be greatly appreciated

Ellicott City MD
Level Contributor
2,896 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon:: Dreams Punta Cana or Gran Bahia Ambar in PC

Dreams Punta Cana is much further north in Uvero Alto. Great resort. We have been there 3 times. It is a bit secluded so if thats your taste, I can recomend it. Keep in mind it is a family resort. If its your honeymoon, you may want to consider Ambar as it is adults only with the use of the other parts of the Bahia complex.We stayed at the Bahia in 06 and had a great time but its a bit too big for our tastes

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon:: Dreams Punta Cana or Gran Bahia Ambar in PC

I would think the Ambar would be better for a honeymoon.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon:: Dreams Punta Cana or Gran Bahia Ambar in PC

Not a fan of Dreams PC - Dreams Palm Beach or Ambar would get my votes

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon:: Dreams Punta Cana or Gran Bahia Ambar in PC

I've stayed at the Ambar twice and loved it - possibly more romantic for a honeymoon than Dreams since Ambar's adults-only.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
269 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon:: Dreams Punta Cana or Gran Bahia Ambar in PC

see pics and info from both :

http://leonardito.com/

have a good one

Brampton
Level Contributor
970 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon:: Dreams Punta Cana or Gran Bahia Ambar in PC

I stayed at Dreams Palm Beach for my honeymoon two years ago (Preferred Section) and loved it. I recently just visited the GBP Ambar and like it but it was WAY to big for my liking.

I would reccommend Dreams Plam Beach.

7. Re: Honeymoon:: Dreams Punta Cana or Gran Bahia Ambar in PC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2017, 16:30
Lee's Summit...
Level Contributor
509 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon:: Dreams Punta Cana or Gran Bahia Ambar in PC

I'd go with the Ambar. Better food and rooms. I'm not a huge fan of the beach at Dreams PC. Dreams Palm Beach, however, is in my opinion on par with the Ambar.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon:: Dreams Punta Cana or Gran Bahia Ambar in PC

mmcdan13 - Have you been to both Dreams Palm Beach and Ambar? I've been to both and, in my opinion, the Ambar was much more luxurious and the rooms much nicer. Also has the advantage of being adults-only, which I think honeymooners would prefer. We did, however, like the fact that you don't need reservations for the a la cartes at the Dreams.

10. Re: Honeymoon:: Dreams Punta Cana or Gran Bahia Ambar in PC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2013, 05:15