We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet Esmeralda

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Internet Esmeralda

Hi,

I will be staying ta Esmeralde for a week and because I travel alone I need to keep in regular contact with the home front (you know what mothers are like. No mail after arriving means you are lost somewhere in Azia, no mail after 1 night means you must be ill, two day without mail means you are kidnapped and no mail after 3 nights means certain death… or worse:)

I see on the Esmeralda site the following:

• Internet Service in the Lobby area (15 minutes per person per day

How does this works (you get a log in code that expires after 15 min or something)?

Can you access the computers day and night (with the time difference I like to log in early morning.

The wifi in the lobby, do you need a code or an you just pick it up and log onto it?

Then I heard that certain rooms can pick up the wifi of the poolbar, is this so and if yes does anyone have a room number for me where they had wifi?

Thanks,

Amy!

Lisbon
Level Contributor
939 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet Esmeralda

Hi,

We brought our netbook, so I can only help on the wifi. You can just log in, Not very vast but always reliable.

When we were on Ambar we used the desktops. IIRC you get a log in code that expires after 15 min. Probably the same on Esmeralda.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet Esmeralda

If it is the same as the Ambar the front desk people log you on. After 15 minutes the computer shuts off HOWEVER if you don't log off the computer before the 15 minutes are up the next person to get logged on has access to whatever you were viewing or typing so be sure to close the screen and log out.

Btw, we used the Ambar computers twice each day as nobody kept track of our usage.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
225 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internet Esmeralda

Hi Amy, we stayed at the Esmeralda in late Oct. and we had room 90119.

It faced the pool on the second floor and we were able to pick up wifi in our room.

It is a great resort, enjoy.

Nana :)

Cortland, New York
Level Contributor
3,481 posts
345 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Internet Esmeralda

We used the computers in the room downstairs from the lobby every day about 4 or 5:00. There was never anybody there to monitor time-nor was there any automatic shut-off. There are 2 computers in the room. I think the room may only be open certain hours-but I can't be sure about that information. People were very good-if they saw people come in they got off the computers, and we did the same. One day there were some kids using the computer and as soon as we came in they logged off. We did not have any trouble.Have a fantastic vacation!!!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
755 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Internet Esmeralda

Hi Amy, do you know, when booking at the Esmeralda, do you have access to the other Grand Bahia resorts?

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Internet Esmeralda

Hiya,

What I have gatehred is that you can acces most of the other bahia resorts but there are so e restrictions to the Ambar section.

I think you can use most restauratns and pools but the pool and bar of the Ambar is exclusively for Ambar guests.

Ask Bubba King, he knows everything there is you need to know about this group of resorts!

Amy

7. Re: Internet Esmeralda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2012, 10:19