We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back to Punta Cana I go, to where I do not know...

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Back to Punta Cana I go, to where I do not know...

We started the initial planning for a vacation in 2012. I wanted to go back to Mexico after a 3 year break, and my wife fell in love with Punta Cana last year. You can guess who won that one...after all, I'm posting here.

We stayed at Secrets Royal Beach last year, and while we did love the beach and people there, the timeshare hassle was off-putting and we had a bout of foodborne illness.

So here I am looking for a resort again for this year. A really good spa, a beach that isn't too crowded, cleaner modern style rooms that don't look dated, and seriously good food are the main things we value. Adults only isn't a huge deal because we travel in early fall and there aren't many kids anyways. I'd put great beach too, but come on, it's freaking Punta Cana.

IBG, Zoetry, and Excellence are probably out of the budget.

Help me out here, kind people...

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana
Secrets Royal Beach...
10,707 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
4,630 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,897 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back to Punta Cana I go, to where I do not know...

Look into the Majestic Elegance (there is even an adult only section within the hotel) It is mid priced or upper mid mark.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
85 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back to Punta Cana I go, to where I do not know...

agree with majestic elegance-elegance club section, or bahia principe ambar, royal suites turquesa

Ellicott City MD
Level Contributor
2,918 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back to Punta Cana I go, to where I do not know...

I agree with the above posters..Majestic Elegance Club level.

Went there on our 5th trip in April and booked it again!

Mentioned in this post
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
Majestic Elegance Punta...
16,820 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back to Punta Cana I go, to where I do not know...

Punta Cana Princess is great, not crowded, you can do VIP for Reserved Bali Beds, extras like in room Internet, robes, slippers, premium liquors all for minimal upgrade charge. Gorgeous beach

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa
Punta Cana Princess All...
6,330 Reviews
Dominican Republic
5. Re: Back to Punta Cana I go, to where I do not know...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2013, 10:19