We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Bavaro

allentown
Level Contributor
352 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Bavaro

Has anyone been there recently? Is so what did you think of the place? Thinking of booking for Sept..

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,664 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

have you read the reviews, that'll give you mucho ideas. i've been 10 times and am personal friends that have been more than 20 times if that says anything.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

It is a very good resort. Are you asking because you have concerns about something in particular?

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

Will be there in 12 days so will answer when back...

Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

We are going back for our 7th stay.

The last 2 years we stayed at Ocean Blue because the Kids liked the Teen Club there. While there was nothing wrong per se at Ocean Blue it just wasn't the same.

At Iberostar we have had staff greet us by name a year after they saw us last. I think that's where you find the difference - in the people.

Mentioned in this post
Ocean Blue & Sand
Ocean Blue & Sand
13,796 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Iberostar Bavaro Suites
Iberostar Bavaro Suites
10,199 Reviews
Dominican Republic
manchester england
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

glanmiregirl you got it spot in regarding the staff at the iberostar,s thats why they get so many repeat guests.

Chelsea, Canada
Level Contributor
775 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

It's a good resort.

Is it the best resort? no, but far from the worst.

All depends what you are lookgin for.

You might want to provide more details on what you want.

Just returned last saturday, if you have specific questions you can PM me.

And yes, we had a good time.

Manitoba
Level Contributor
174 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

Been to the resort twice, and last January most recently. Liked it both times. The staff are truly some of the most outgoing and friendly people.

I liked the room set -ups and quietness of the resort. If I had any kind of complaint, and it is very insignificant, is that the resort has a very family kind of feel and atmosphere. My kids are grown up and wife and I are starting to like the non kiddie atmosphere so leaning towrads adults only type of resorts. Lastly, the gym is busy and sub par for my preference. Like I said, insignificant issues.

It's still a great resort and we would go back.

allentown
Level Contributor
352 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

Thank for all the feed back. I did book IB for our 40th anniversary in Sept. Been to DR twice and stayed at MC. Wanted to stay somewhere different. MC is nice too.

I'll keep reading all the post for updates on all recent stays.

9. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2013, 10:22