We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at the Majestic Colonial.....

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Topic
Staying at the Majestic Colonial.....

We are staying at the Majestic Colonial with 2 children, 11 and 15, what's it like? Anyone stay there recently? Thanks for any inpup you can offer......

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
2,414 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at the Majestic Colonial.....

Andrea,

Majestic is a nice resort, in many ways.

There is one issue that may be a little awkward for your family. The rooms at majestic have an open bathroom concept. The jacuzzi is in the middle of the room, the toilet is a stall only, with nothing more than a partial frosted glass door, and the shower is the same, just a partial frosted glass door.

If you search for my channel on youtube, I have a video tour of the Standard Jr Suite. All the rooms are pretty much the same for bathroom layout, but the 2 bedroom suites will offer a little more privacy due to the second bedroom.

Edited: 10 January 2012, 11:13
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
285 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at the Majestic Colonial.....

I've stayed there last April without my kids it was absolutely perfect! I wanted to go back this year with my 3 daughters but the price was a little too high for my budget, so i'm going to the grand palladium punta cana, hope it compares, lol!

This was a perfect resort not too big, can easily get around, food was pretty good along with the cocktails.It felt very safe and best of all, the beach was not crowded, you can easily keep an eye on the kids. Hope this helps!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at the Majestic Colonial.....

We went the Majestic Colonial the first year in PC , love the resort and the people are so friendly there ..

We are going in 17 days to PC but decided to try another resort , but we will return to the Majestic Colonial again !

Have fun !

allentown
Level Contributor
344 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at the Majestic Colonial.....

I been there twice. Take blow up floats for the kids. They don't supply them. Go to the hut on the beach they will blow them up for you. You'll love the resort. Privacy with the bath room maybe a problem.

Virginia
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at the Majestic Colonial.....

My family and I stayed at Majestic Colonial last June and had a fabulous stay. If you haven't already scrolled through the pictures people post under the resort listing it's a good idea to do so before you go, just so you understand the bathroom comments. We were more concerned about all of us sharing one toilet (last 2 resorts spoiled us, having 2 full bathrooms), but we really didn't have any timing issues, if you know what I mean. I took along 2 large binder clips, thinking I would clip a towel over the frosted glass door, but really, we didn't mind the door at all and never used the clips.

The resort has a lot to offer. Go and enjoy!

Alberta
Level Contributor
108 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying at the Majestic Colonial.....

I just got my etickets for the Mc and it has Cameleon Gold Inclusions on it. Anyone know what that means? Can't find it mentioned on web page or travel sites.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
254 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying at the Majestic Colonial.....

It means drinks in your room....LOL....

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying at the Majestic Colonial.....

This is what is listed on the Transate Cameleon Gold site for MC:

CAMELEON GOLD CLUB

• Separate check-in

• Early check-in (based on availability)

• Welcome cocktail, letter and gift

• Mini-bar restocked daily (water, soft drinks, beer and snacks)

• Rum, vodka and gin (1 bottle each) in room upon arrival

• Beach towels, bathrobes and slippers in room upon arrival

• Concierge service

• Cameleon BBQ night

• Cameleon sweet treat

• 15% discount on selected spa treatments

• Preferred reservations for Gourmet and Asian à la carte restaurants

• Distinct identification bracelet

MC is a really great resort... one of the nicest we've been to.

Have fun!!

Alberta
Level Contributor
108 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Staying at the Majestic Colonial.....

Augiedog- there's always drinks in my room!

Thanks Travel4, upgraded to swim up but didn't realize there were other perks. We have been to Mexico lots of times but first time to DR. Looking forward to it but concerned about bad reviews lately re: sickness. Not going to worry too much about it though. Glad to hear your opinion on the niceness of it.

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Staying at the Majestic Colonial.....

We also stayed in a swimup, cameleon gold. Loved every minute of it..MC has an excellent pool. Plus with the swimup, you never have to worry about a lounger by the pool... yours are only for your use! Great stretch of beach as well..enjoy!