We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Dreams Palm Beach....

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,624 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned from Dreams Palm Beach....

Hoping to have my review done in a day or two but fire away with any questions or concerns I can help with!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from Dreams Palm Beach....

Hi. Hope you had a great time. I will be going next week: any and all tips will be appreciated-including what to bring. Was there a dress code at the resturants?

Bristol
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from Dreams Palm Beach....

Hi, Sounds like you had a nice time .Any idea which is the best block to stay at in the preferred club, as we would like to be as close to the sea as possible.

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,624 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from Dreams Palm Beach....

Susan, Yes to a dress code for men at the ala cartes. Long pants and a collared shirt. Seaside Grill and World Cafe do not have a dress code. As for tips......bring lots of suncreen (also a small first aid kit as one of the girls we became friends with cut her foot and needed a band aid and we had to pay $1 to get 3 band aids!) it is pricey in the gift shop. If you want a chair on the beach with shade best to be down there about 10am. The pool was pretty crowded all day long but later in the day we were able to get chairs without a problem. There is live music in the plaza by the gazebo at night. Lots of fun and the lobby bar is a great place to meet people! We stayed in bldg. 6 and loved the location. Our room overlooked the pool and had a slight view of the ocean. If you are interested in trying things try the water aerobics in the ocean. Lots of fun! We had a great time and would return in a heartbeat.

emers1...we did not go preferred but from what I could tell bldg 1 and 2 would put you closest to the beach.

Las Vegas, Nevada
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from Dreams Palm Beach....

Is there a bar on the beach which stays open later in the evening, similar to the dreams cancun beach bar?

Las Vegas, Nevada
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from Dreams Palm Beach....

Oops, looked at an older post of mine and seen a response, sorry to be a pest.

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,624 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned from Dreams Palm Beach....

Not a pest! I love answering questions!

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Just returned from Dreams Palm Beach....

OBX - I'll be there in 6 days! Been to the DR, but not Dreams PB - If you have a favorite bar/bartender to recommend, we're always looking to make a good friend (we tip well). We are more about the beach and less about nightly entertainment, but what was your experience for music/dancing, etc.? Part of our stay is for a destination wedding, but most of or time is ours.

Any musts do's or avoids for restaruants?

Let us know when the review is up!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,184 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just returned from Dreams Palm Beach....

welcome back OBX, I tried to get there over Christmas but they were booked up solid too.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just returned from Dreams Palm Beach....

Thanks OBX for your helpful info!

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,624 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just returned from Dreams Palm Beach....

Thanks Deb...we really enjoyed DPB....I was very pleased...

Lizandbill.....we are beach people as well and spend most of the day there only heading to the pool late in the afternoon for a pre siesta drink and chat. Rafael on the beach is great. It's difficult to put an age to him but trust me when I say he busted his butt on that beach. Never forgot a name or a drink.

As for bartender's ...we spent our evenings dancing in the plaza and hanging at the lobby bar. All the lobby bar bartender's were very good and Sophie was a delight as a server. We aren't show people and this was perfect for us.