We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

butler service at ME

Oceanside, New York
Level Contributor
12 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
butler service at ME

i have been to sandals before with butler service and it was amazing!! i read that ME has butler service. is it the same as sandals?? at sandals, they gave me a cell phone and i called my butler whenever i wanted ANYTHING!!!

murillo
Level Contributor
6,322 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: butler service at ME

Nope .... Won't happen . We never used our butler once in 2 years there. You may see him walking by once and a while. You can leave a message for them and they will get back to you ....eventually. There are woman in the club rooms that can get anything you need ... There is 1 butler for a hundred rooms ...

Edited: 20 January 2012, 00:51
Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: butler service at ME

No it is not like Sandals. We have had better experience than referenced by Bomberro at ME. We almost always see our butler every day, or, if he's off, another butler. We just don't usually need anything from him. The concierges at ME are MUCH better than at Sandals, at least from our experience. We found the concierges at Sandals to be totally unhelpful and usually on the phone talking to friends.

Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: butler service at ME

We had Angel as our butler at ME and he was WONDERFUL! He graciously accomodated all of our requests. No cell phone...but the concierge is steps away and they would ring him. He always appeared a short time later. We saw him as often as we wanted to! When we found the Japanese restaurant was booked...he went to work for us and in no time came back to tell us it was all worked out. When the timeslots I had hoped to have a jacuzzi drawn for us while at dinner were taken...he came back minutes later and said...it was all taken care of. When we were concerned about our departure time. He arranged for us to have direct transport back to the airport. We have nothing but good things to say about him...and we did see additional butlers around during our March stay.

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: butler service at ME

Our butler was useless. He took a great tip from all of us (group of 8) at time of checking in and then we didn't hear much of anything from him. Dinner for anniversary/birthday that don't worry I will take care of something special for you guys, was never done. The bath and wine never happened either for one couple in our group.

He walked by at one point by the pool and someone asked him about something and he said I will be back in a minute. They never saw him again.

One guy wanted ask for his $20 tip back and tell him what he thought of him but of course he wasn't seriously going to but really wanted to.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: butler service at ME

Our butler was around but not annoying. He called once in a while to see if we needed anything (we didn't). At the private partys he greeted us and made sure we had a place to sit. Around the resort he would great us and ask if we needed anything (again we didn't).

We normally tip for good service after we receive it not in advance, I think that is the way it should work.

Butler is not really the correct name, they do not iron your cloths, shine your shoes and wait on you hand and foot. Just a friendly contact.

We made our dinner reservations with the club concierge early in the morning.

Edited: 21 January 2012, 13:19
6. Re: butler service at ME

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2013, 10:22