We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rui bambu

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
411 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
rui bambu

Oh no, reviews started to pick up at the bambu , I started to relax and got quite excited, then you get bad reviews all at once.Hope this is not to cheaky but it seems that the majority of people are from USA that complain or is it me thinking that. Or Is their expectations higher than people in UK

paradise, nl
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: rui bambu

I am going there too, some people expect some much ! I I think it will be ok the beach has rave reviews! When do you go??

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
708 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rui bambu

The beach is great! ,take your bubba, there is no "beach bar".

paradise, nl
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: rui bambu

What was the food like?? I am not a picky eater? Any places you would recommend ?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rui bambu

The American expectation is higher than the uk,i like the rius,if you read between the lines the the last few revies are going over the top,yes the food does get boreing after a time it does not matter which hotel you go to,the sunbed problem is the same at every hotel,the thing about a riu hotel they have set standards and nine out of ten they stick to it you know what you get when you go to a riu.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
411 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rui bambu

HI Courtney B we go the 1 june for my daughters wedding there will be 35/38 guest so we shouldnt have any trouble lol what about you ?

Hi K &K11 Ihave already got my baba cup, I got it in walmart when we went to florida last year .Bit worried my cocktail won't taste as good as in a glass.

Might have to get hubby to wait on me !!!

Hi Gristle33 it annoys me when you can't get a sunbed especaily knowing they seem to let any tom dick and harry in the bambu and the pools.I think they should look after their guest, let everyone else stay in the hotel they booked it would save alot of trouble and if people want the bambu then why not book it.. moan over lol

paradise, nl
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: rui bambu

We go march 12th! Cant wait!

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rui bambu

Stayed at the Riu Bambu 2 years ago. food was okay, beach is great, service was fantastic, not much night life though

Hamilton
Level Contributor
369 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: rui bambu

I stayed at the Bambu last year for 2 wks and had a blast. It is a very nice hotel. A lot of people staying at the palace were hanging at our pool because it was so much more fun. The food was ok, but I'm not a good one to judge...I don't like a lot of things, even at home. The staff was friendly, the service was very good and of course the beach is beautiful! Don't worry too much about reviews.

4 more days and I will be at the Riu Palace Bavaro...yahoo!!

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
411 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: rui bambu

Have a good time i'm jelous lol

This what annoys me to think that we pay our money and have to put up with other guests from other hotels taking up sunbeds, thats when the problems start,when we can't get a sun bed. Why do they do it, if everyone stuck to their own hotesl then they would no how many guest they have to cater for. I will be soon going to the manager if any of our party can't get a sunbed.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
198 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: rui bambu

Relax. If you want to bump the other "bambus", pay the extra and stay at the palace. You knew the deal before you booked, and if you didn't, you should have.

Pete