We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chair game schedule!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Chair game schedule!

Here is a link to sunrise time table so you can set your alarm to save your chairs! LOL

timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html…

Ontario
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Chair game schedule!

Don't worry there will be lots of chairs available. I will go around in the middle of the night and collect all the towels left on the chairs by inconsiderate people and throwing them in the towel hut. LOL.

murillo
Level Contributor
5,873 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chair game schedule!

change places with all the towels and watch them fight ...Nasty but nice...The ones that save them at the pool and the palapas at the beach are the ones that get under my skin.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,852 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chair game schedule!

Wish I had the guts to do that here at the ME. It really has gotten crazy this week. Today is rainy and people still have their towels, sandals, mags etc out saving the loungers that they can not use because of the rain. Some even planned ahead and brought glad bags to put their items in to leave them on the chairs during the rain. Things have really gotten crazy!

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,852 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chair game schedule!

Bobberro - Thought of going around with a couple drinks in my hands pretending I am drunk and spill drinks all over their stuff!

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
400 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chair game schedule!

Boy some people really are over board with the towel game! Glad bags...omg...really, give it a break and hang out at the bar, use the glad bag and pick up garbage.

Cheers

south of england
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chair game schedule!

People who get up at 5am and put there towels out and then go back to bed are just arrogant , ignorant and trash .

Mixing the towels up sounds like a great idea , will have to try it when we go in April , bet the beach will be in fits of laughter ........lol

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
2,416 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chair game schedule!

Yup, not fond of the towel game, if done with selfishness.

But, I'm also not fond of anyone thinking they are the towel police and will interfere in someway. It's not the travelling public's responsibility to do so, unless all you want to do is inform the resort and see if they will do something about it, I'm good with that. I'm just not sure why someone on vacation would want to put themselves in a compromising situation that could lead to unfortunate circumstances. I'm on vacation to de-stress, not add more.

Cheers, happy travels.

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
439 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chair game schedule!

OK! I just need to point out that I am one of the people who puts my book in a glad bag!! But I do not play the chair game! LOL I put it in a glad bag to keep it safe and dry from splashing pool water...the occasional sprinkle, etc. The only time my chair is left alone with my stuff on it (which may or may not include my book in a glad bag - {;o) ) is when I'm at breakfast, lunch or the bar...or having a quick swim...

I agree...the towel game is ridiculous and unfair....I personally hate it...it gets on my nerve when I see people do it....I get up at the crack of dawn, to watch the sunrise....I save hubby and I's chairs at that time....but stay around for the whole day...I do not go back to bed....

Just sayin'..... if you see my book in a glad bag, I'm not one of those rude people! LOL {;o)

SenoritaCanada

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,852 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chair game schedule!

Just walked around the Club pool here at the ME and they are not only saving the beds and the loungers but people have started laying their towels on the patio around the pool to reserve a spot! People have to step around them to get into the bathrooms and lounge area. Go figure!

south of england
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chair game schedule!

Kick there towels into the pool .........lol

Its not nice when people hog space but its life .