We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking a beach bag to the beach

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taking a beach bag to the beach

It's my first time going someplace like this and I am wondering when you head to the beach and you have your bag with sunscreen and stuff, what do u do with it while you are in the pool/ocean. I am worried someone will steal it if I am not watching.

Should I not bring a bag with me?? Not sure what I should do!! Any suggestions would be great!

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking a beach bag to the beach

A beach bag is a necessity, lol...Believe it or not, it will be safe on your chair, or beside or under your chair... I wouldn't leave expensive stuff just sitting out, but we always carry our camera, iPod, sunscreen, money, room key and etc in a beach bag and leave it with our chairs with our towels while we go swim, or go for a drink or a walk. We've never yet ( knock on wood ) had anything stolen.

First time going.... You're going to love it Dee T and I'm pretty certain it won't be your last. Have a great time!

Canada
Level Contributor
351 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking a beach bag to the beach

I suppose it is possible that someone will steal your bag. But it has never happened to me in several years of going to AIs. In my bag I leave my book, a few dollars for tips, sunscreen, pen, crossword puzzles, very cheap watch.... when I leave for 30 minutes to go float in the pool or ocean. I never put something in my bag that would be devastating to lose - in fact the sunscreen is the hardest thing to replace just because it is so expensive there.

From reading the forum here it is more likely that if you leave it for too long and a fellow visitor thinks you have saved a prime seat you won't use, they might move it.

I no longer worry about it. Certainly more people here on the forum complain about losing things from the room than the beach.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking a beach bag to the beach

Thanks guys, I feel better now. I definately wouldn't be able to hit the beach without my bag either he he

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,363 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking a beach bag to the beach

Get one of these for your key and money:

amazon.com/Waterproof-Container-Airtight-Mon…

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taking a beach bag to the beach

After many trips, I've never had anything stolen ie beach bag, books etc. just don't leave an iPhone or similar just sitting out in plain sight. We're all in the same boat/beach so to speak, so everyone respects others personal property :)

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,852 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taking a beach bag to the beach

It is sort of like camping in a tent. Everyone is in the same boat, so people respect each other's property. so far so good

Minnesota
Level Contributor
24 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taking a beach bag to the beach

You'll need / want a bag to hold your sunnies, sunscreen, magazines, books, ect...

What I use for my beach bag is a reusable "grocery" bag. Like:

amazon.com/Tuckerbags-C-3-red-hibiscus/dp/B0…

That way it's light, fits into my suitcase and I can bring a carry on that can double as a purse at night.

murillo
Level Contributor
5,873 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taking a beach bag to the beach

We get 2 every year , one from our TA each and one from our resort. She has a fav. that we have used for 5 years now. If you opt for the one th resort may give you there might be a 100 identical ones on the beach. We always bring our own towels to find our loungers too. this year , if we go , i bought a couple of those terry cloth lounger covers with the pockets on them . Am i getting old ?lol If i buy a wallet for around my neck and a name tag somebody put me down.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taking a beach bag to the beach

Have a great vacation Dee T

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taking a beach bag to the beach

If you are worried you can get small locks that would go though the handles or the zipper of you bag and attach to the chair.

Canadian Tire sells them for about 10.00