We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Bavaro vs. Majestic Elegance

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
64 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand Bavaro vs. Majestic Elegance

Anyone been to both? I'm sure the differences may be minor, but what can we expect at each?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,810 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro vs. Majestic Elegance

Minor? have you seen the photos, and read lots of the reviews?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
64 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro vs. Majestic Elegance

Yep! I've been looking at all these places for a good week now, just seeing if anyone has been to both.. Or maybe been to one and walked over to the other. TripAdvisor has Iberostar as #2, and ME as #3 in Punta Cana... So, I guess it's just personal preference, just seeing what others thought.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro vs. Majestic Elegance

I was just at the Iberostar Bavaro 25 minutes ago, its part of my job to attend the repeaters party. Its an amazing Hotel and very friendly staff, great food and just a very warm Caribbean atmosphere.. The "repeaters" are the folks who come back year after year for a good reason!

Cant knock the Elegance its great Hotel too..

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro vs. Majestic Elegance

oops, thought the OP said "Bavaro"..

If you are talking about the GRAND, its the best Hotel in the Country in my biased opinion...

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
64 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro vs. Majestic Elegance

Yes sir, I was talking about the Grand. Thanks for adding that last sentence in, makes the decision a little easier!

murillo
Level Contributor
5,873 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro vs. Majestic Elegance

Majestic - 4 K a week IBGrand - 6200 - week Zoetry - 9200 - week for the week of Mar 19 . from where we come from...

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro vs. Majestic Elegance

Been to both--love the Majestic....but the IBG is the best hotel in PUJ

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro vs. Majestic Elegance

Mike do have a look at the Grand for this special occasion of yours. Spent 2 weeks there last year and just returned yesterday from a 10 day stay at the Iberostar Bavaro. Both very very different in guests and entertainment. But the luxury you will have is you can visit the bavaro next door for those party moments. Lobby bar pre-post dinner and do visit the Beach bar. Many Grand guests hung out there for a few beers at beach bar during our stay.

Jeff sorry we never called as so busy with grandson and helping out daughter. We did attend the repeat guest party last week though and sorry we never met. Daughter was bugging me to go and see you but I think she had next year on her mind hahaha.

boston
Level Contributor
163 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro vs. Majestic Elegance

i assume you are talking about the ME club. I have been to both and the paradisus palma real and i would go back to the IBG without question! the rooms are a little better at the PPR, but the IGB has everything else. plenty of room on the beach, excellent food, etc. when i go back it will definitely be the IGB. and, just coincidentally, i'm going to be in houston next week for business! but unfortunately only overnight.

enjoy!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro vs. Majestic Elegance

gsdsky, I fully understand, glad you had a great vacation, thats whats important.

We will save you a condo for next year facing the Grand!