We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FYI - Excellence review questions

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,919 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
FYI - Excellence review questions

I did hear back from the writer of the review, and she did try to contribute to the conversation happening earlier, but she was unable to, because the thread had already been closed. So, she was not a hit and run, as was suggested by some. Just wanted to put that out there.

If you're about to publicly critique a review and place the reviewer's character into question, why not let that person know, from the start, of your intentions? That's fair, right? Expose yourself as you are exposing the reviewer.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FYI - Excellence review questions

Fair enough...

Will she contribute now, on this thread?

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,919 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FYI - Excellence review questions

We shall see.....

Oklahoma City...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: FYI - Excellence review questions

Thanks for reopening the discussion! I will gladly explain my post but I will refrain from arguing. Each of us will believe what we choose as is our right.

I was clear to say I heard of the attacks from another party - which I did. It was so disturbing. I do not believe the gentleman was lying to me. I saw him at the resort - as part of the conference. If he was making it up - there's issues there!!

I was so disturbed by what he had said - so sickened by it - that if one person just paid a little more attention to their surroundings and played cautious rather than trusting - then maybe something could be averted. I kept telling my husband - boy how naive we are. How trusting we are. I know crime happens in the US but he and I just don't think about stuff like the stolen ipod or attacks while on vacation. Having stayed at several all inclusives over the last several years - this one was an entirely different and bad experience. We are usually quiet. We don't complain or post complaints. Nor do we rave and post raves. I just couldn't let what I had heard remain silent. If he lied to me - fine. I look foolish. If he's telling the truth - be aware.

Have a good day!

Mississauga
Level Contributor
816 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FYI - Excellence review questions

Susan

Very well spoken !!!!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
2,416 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FYI - Excellence review questions

All too often people go on vacation and leave their travel smarts at home.

Be safe, travel smart.

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FYI - Excellence review questions

Selective censoring yet again.

Susan your review just happened to be about a favourite resort amongst some of the members. It is funny how the rules only apply some of the time to some people.

Yes it may not have been first hand experience but you see that all the time on the reviews and forum. If you happen to mention something that someone takes offense to as it is their precious favorite then you can just about hear the clicking of reporting the review or post to TA monitors within seconds of the posting.

I do agree that rumours and such can not be maliciously spread around but it is very selective.

Land O Lakes...
Level Contributor
279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: FYI - Excellence review questions

I have to say that I was at Excellence from 1/21-1/28, if this is the same time frame and we heard absolutely nothing about this while we were there. There also was a large conference at Excellence for the week, and I spoke with many of them during our stay and never heard that story from them either.

My wife and I and another couple also took a bike tour of areas out side the resort and never felt unsafe.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: FYI - Excellence review questions

catchinrayz

Please note that TA will not delete a review because users or owners/management report it. They will only delete a review if it is breach of their posting guidelines or is proven to be malicious or fake

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
2,416 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: FYI - Excellence review questions

catchinrayz...

Have to side with FFM on this one. The review was in violation of the guidelines by reporting on something that was only hearsay, and not their own person experience.

Edited: 02 February 2012, 16:53
Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: FYI - Excellence review questions

I agree it is only deleted if not within guidelines. It is just more actively and quickly reported if it is a regulars favourite as they are quick to jump on that report bottom. Some people I think scan everything as if it is their duty.