We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If food was the deciding factor......

NW,Indiana
Level Contributor
120 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
If food was the deciding factor......

...between the Majestic Elegance and Exellence resorts, what would you choose? Take into account room service, bars and availability of specialty restaurants.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,118 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If food was the deciding factor......

oh... I was gonna complete that sentence in a different way.

I have no input for either of these two resorts or their food.

Nevermind.

NW,Indiana
Level Contributor
120 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If food was the deciding factor......

Lol, now I'm interested! What would have been your answer?

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,118 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If food was the deciding factor......

If food was the deciding factor...... I'd go someplace other than Punta Cana.

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If food was the deciding factor......

I have not been to the Excellence so I can not comment on that but have been to the Majestic Elegance. We found the food at the ME to be the worst of any resort we gave been to. The temperature at buffets was not right and selection wasn't the best. The restaurants varied from terrible to good. The steakhouse and seafood restaurants were the least favorite in our group of 8 and the gourmet and Italian being the better ones.

One in our group was very ill after the steakhouse for a couple of days and another had undercooked seafood from the seafood restaurant.

I had a burger from the sea and sea at lunch time that was cold and probably had sat for awhile. We ended up leaving our food and going to the regular lunch buffet.

If food is a factor in your decision then in my opinion I would avoid the ME.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,931 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If food was the deciding factor......

I would never decide any all inclusive by food. It can differ from guest to guest and from season to season and even from night to night at any given restaurant.

We have had a good meal at an a la carte one night and a bad one another night. And what one person likes the next may not. When doing research for the ME most people listed the Japanese as their fav restaurant. For us it was just OK. We have now been at the ME for two 2 week vacations but have only done the Japanese once each trip!

At Dreams two years ago there were even two a la cartes we didn't bother with because nothing on the menus sounded good to us yet others raved about them. It really depends on what you like.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,573 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If food was the deciding factor......

I am in agreement with Pooz.....if food is the deciding factor I would not go to Punta Cana......probably Aruba.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,118 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If food was the deciding factor......

Tingy, AGREED!!! Food in Aruba is fantastic. What I don't understand is, with all the great restaurant options, why do folks go AI in Aruba?

Canada
Level Contributor
2,417 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: If food was the deciding factor......

I would say exactly what poozieny said....go elsewhere like the Mayan Riviera or Jamaica. Their food is definitely better in all aspects. Punta Cana is beautiful, no doubt about that but food is better in other places. IMHO, that is. LOL

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,957 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: If food was the deciding factor......

Zoetry has food quality above any all inclusive I have ever been to but it is not a resort for everyone.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
180 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: If food was the deciding factor......

poozieny,

I have to agree. We've had good food but not gourmet. But that isn't the reason we choose PC. If it was all about the food then I would continue to go on cruises only.