We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pacsafe TravelSafe 100 Q?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Pacsafe TravelSafe 100 Q?

Hi there,

Read a few people on this forum had Pacsafes and I wondered if anyone could answer my questions. I'm looking at the Pacsafe Travelsafe 100 (www.pacsafe.com/www/index.php…)...

Would it be big enough to fit 2 kindles (k/board), 2 small mp3 players and a point-and-shoot camera...? The dimensions are given but it's hard to know when it's a bag.

Someone on an amazon.com review mentioned that "the top could have had interwoven metal mesh in it, but since it doesn't, it can be easily cut open. " - is this true; does the mesh not go all the way to the top and the loop of the bag?

I'm also considering the MasterLock portable personal safe (amazon.com/Master-Lock-5900DPNK-Portable-Per…) but was not yet able to find the internal dimensions to see if everything would fit.

Thanks,

Trishia.

Osterville...
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pacsafe TravelSafe 100 Q?

Not sure on that size but I have the next size up and it works great,we keep our laptop and other valuables in it.

Bedford, Canada
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pacsafe TravelSafe 100 Q?

Trisha, I also have the next size up and it will fit all my electronics and photo equipment. If you are concerned, go with the bigger.

I don't quite understand the comment about Mesh over the opening. If you lock the bag properly, you are not getting into it unless you cut the wire with a tool and quite frankly if they are going through that much trouble, they are going to get into anything.

This Travelsafe, like most other items of the sort, is a deterrent more than anything else. My feeling is if they come to my room to steal and come across this, they are just going to steal from the next room.

murillo
Level Contributor
5,868 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pacsafe TravelSafe 100 Q?

you can try these in your room if you don't trust the Pac safe...

www.spyville.com/brief-safe-underwear.html

lol keep your valuables in your room safe !

Edited: 02 February 2012, 20:52
Hamilton,Ontario
Level Contributor
335 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pacsafe TravelSafe 100 Q?

I have seen them at Urban Traveller here in the mall in Burlington. Perhaps there is one in the Ottawa area that you can check out.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pacsafe TravelSafe 100 Q?

LOL bomberro :-P

I will ask a serious question about jewellery though - I've read where people say they leave their jewellery at home, bringing only costume pieces and/or cheap watches. Now, I'm going to ask this, as I'm a little confused: is this because people remove their "good" jewellery and don't want to risk it stolen, or because they don't want to attract attention to the fact that they may have other valuables?

I get the cheap watch thing and will probably get one just due to being in the water; but the rings and gold bangles I wear, I never take off. My engagement and wedding ring will certainly not come off - but to each his/her own, as I've read where people take even these off, and in one case, they went missing.

Just curious... :)

murillo
Level Contributor
5,868 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pacsafe TravelSafe 100 Q?

I think its when people leave the resort with all the bling on . Do people take the wedding rings off every day ? all the necklaces , bracelets.... I only buy cheap watches with an alarm on them. I just wreck them anyways...Lots or people with a wad of $ in their hand buying a $5 t shirt at a hut ...

muskoka ON
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pacsafe TravelSafe 100 Q?

I've learned to leave the Hope Diamond at home - darn thing just hurst my neck lugging it around all the time . . .

Seriously though, I do wear my wedding/engagement/eternity bands but generally don't take anything that I would be devestated if lost (like granny's diamond studs). I have a beautiful larimar pendant and smaller necklace that looks lovely on tanned skin with summer dresses which I bring.

I'm in the ocean too much to worry about jewels . . .

Bugs

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pacsafe TravelSafe 100 Q?

LOL bugs, but I hear ya...I have things I would not want to lose either. Don't usually wear anything around my neck, but perhaps will have to pick up something nice for evenings out :)

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
158 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pacsafe TravelSafe 100 Q?

I have looked at buying one of these pacsafes too but I wonder what i would attach it to in the room,people that use them do you find it better then useing the resort room safe?..

laceyblue..We only take our wedding bands..everything else is cheapy cheapy if someone takes it or i loose it no big deal,I don't take good jewellery down on any vacation for both reasons,just as i don't wear expensive namebrand clothing..I don't want to bring attention to myself or look like i have some money,cause honestly i only have what i need on vaca.I had a run in one time years ago at a disco i wore a friend of mine's chain that was really expensive,a local stared me down not into my eyes but at my neck so badly my husband & I had to leave I was a little scared, since then i never wear expensive things..

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pacsafe TravelSafe 100 Q?

Right, just4me - that would be daunting to say the least.

The jewellery I wear daily (not that it's a lot) is sentimental for the most part, and I would not want to lose any of it - lost or stolen. But I never take it off, except for cleanings, and I would feel weird not wearing it, as it's a "part of me" so to speak. But, better to not wear it for a week, than have it gone forever :) Maybe we'll just go with the engagement/wedding set and that's it...