We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How come alot of these hotels don't have normal bathrooms?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
650 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
How come alot of these hotels don't have normal bathrooms?

A tub next to the bed is what I have been seeing alot of...lol....Any hotels have regular bathrooms????

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,067 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How come alot of these hotels don't have normal bathrooms?

Lots have regular bathrooms

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,682 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How come alot of these hotels don't have normal bathrooms?

Melia..Palladium Punta Cana and Bavaro..... Dreams Punta Cana and Palm Beach...to name but a few.

Cheers

PCMike

London UK
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How come alot of these hotels don't have normal bathrooms?

A lot of the newer ones have 'Open Concept' bathrooms perhaps as they are mainly aimed at couples where it shouldn't be a problem.

Might save on space too I suppose.

I prefer most of them, but lots still have separate bathrooms or give you a choice.

snooks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
650 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How come alot of these hotels don't have normal bathrooms?

Here I am looking for family friendly and keep stumbling upon the "open concept" ones,lol....oy vey! I think I need a cup of coffee....lol

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,625 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How come alot of these hotels don't have normal bathrooms?

We don't have an issue with the "open concept" either but we travel as a couple so it's not an issue for us.

Another resort with the non-open bathroom is Dreams Palm Beach although they did have the half glass shower thing-y! I quickly realized if you point the shower head straight down (like one of the new "rain" shower nozzles) it eliminates the issue of water on the floor.

If I remember correctly the older section of Be Live had a "normal" bathroom but that was many years ago when it was still a Sunscape!

muskoka ON
Level Contributor
1,968 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How come alot of these hotels don't have normal bathrooms?

I am a big fan of the 'normal' bathroom - despite 25 years of wedded bliss LOL. And, an open sunken jacuzzi beside the bed, in my life is just a recipie for disaster <g>

Bugs

Ontario
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: How come alot of these hotels don't have normal bathrooms?

Could be worse when I was in a restaurant in Montevideo Uruguay there was just a hole in the floor that you squat over to do your business. As we traveled around we found out this was quite common.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,682 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How come alot of these hotels don't have normal bathrooms?

Wud...you have stayed at about 20 resorts...any with closed bathrooms that come to mind???

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,625 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How come alot of these hotels don't have normal bathrooms?

Yep deerlicious...been there and done that for an entire year when we lived in South Korea back in 1980...try doing that 8 months pregnant! LOLOL

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,682 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How come alot of these hotels don't have normal bathrooms?

Natura Park...Catalonia.....Occidental Grand Flamenco....Bavaro Princess.....Caribe Princess....Riu Palace Macao......Sirenis....