We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ok... So when does the vacation start for you?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Ok... So when does the vacation start for you?

For us it starts as soon as we get past the security check point at our departing airport and head to the pub... that will be in approximately 3 hours :o)

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ok... So when does the vacation start for you?

I would have to agree, but maybe even as soon as we walk through the airport doors...

Have a wonderful trip!!!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ok... So when does the vacation start for you?

Thank you Lacey..... Getting through the doors is a good start as well... It is just such a major relief to finally be past the strip search and have that first cold vacation beer!

Alberton, Canada
Level Contributor
520 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ok... So when does the vacation start for you?

4:31pm of my last day of work even if I don't fly out until 3 days later! Leaving March 17 for Occidental but my last day of work is Wednesday March 14!!

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ok... So when does the vacation start for you?

Yes, good point!! With a hubby-to-be who is nervous to fly, there will probably be a few of those cold vacation beers :D

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,142 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ok... So when does the vacation start for you?

Agreed... it's when I'm through security and walking towards my departure gate. That's when I begin to leave the real world behind me.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ok... So when does the vacation start for you?

We usually do a stay and fly, where you stay overnight in a hotel and then they shuttle you to the airport and back and you leave your car in their parking lot at no additional charge. It is less expensive than the US$8-$10 per day in a parking lot at the airport.

So our vacation starts as soon as we check in at the hotel. Then it is out to dinner with drinks, pool time at the hotel pool, then to bed and a wake up call for breakfast and the airport shuttle.

south of england
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ok... So when does the vacation start for you?

For me its once i start to pack my suitcase which is normally 6 months before i fly ..........no only joking

Its the day i finnish work and the thought of two whole weeks of pure bliss ahead of me , its a great feeling .

10 more weeks before i get that feeling .......:)

Gaza

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ok... So when does the vacation start for you?

Well, truth be told Gaza, yesterday marked exactly six months till we leave - just happened to be the same day I brought home the suitcase my sister is lending me - I DID throw a few things in it...some of the travel size stuff I picked up. I just couldn't help myself :D

Hamilton,Ontario
Level Contributor
335 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ok... So when does the vacation start for you?

as soon as the limo picks us up to go to the Sheraton Gateway for the night and after we have had our champagne in at the Sheraton....

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,746 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ok... So when does the vacation start for you?

When I have my luggage lol.

I can never relax until I have my suitcase. Part of the fun for me is getting dressed up in the evening, so I'd be gutted if I had to wait for my case/it didn't show up.

That and we have like a 15 hour journey door-to-door (45 mins to airport; check in 3 hours before; 10 hour flight; 30 mins to resort) so I just can't feel remotely excited or happy when we arrive at the aiport/board the plane; all I'm thinking is 'God, 10 hours cooped up on a plane!' lol