We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Aerial Photo

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
542 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Bahia Aerial Photo

I;m looking at a Google Earth Photo of Gran Bahia Principe. Looking from the ocean; on the right there are 11 buildings with a smallish pool in front, down the center there seems to be 20 buildings with a large pool between them and the ocean and looking right from the ocean there are what seems to be 5 buildings. Are these buildings where the rooms are located and what resort compromises each building?

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,792 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Bahia Aerial Photo

Here's a link to a map of the complex that you can use as a reference when looking at the Google photo:

www.resortsmaps.com/popup.html…

Hope this helps!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
542 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Bahia Aerial Photo

I've seen that map and it's a little confusing to me. Are the buildings that I pointed to the actual room buildings? And what resorts do they belong to?

Edited: 13 February 2012, 20:15
Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,792 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Bahia Aerial Photo

If you are referring to the north/top of the map as it appears (which would be the right side of the resort if you look at it from the ocean) that is the Ambar resort, buildings #60 thru #70.

The next resort down is the Bavaro, then the Punta Cana, then at the very southern/bottom (which would be the left side of the resort looking at it from the ocean) is the Esmeralda, with buildings #90 thru #94.

There is a color-coded legend that identifies all the numbers.

Hope this helps.

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Bahia Aerial Photo

StephenNYC....I had the same problem as you last year....the resort seems very large and overwhelming...just keep at it and once you are there it all fits into place. what section are you booked in again.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
542 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Bahia Aerial Photo

We are booked into the Punta Cana but I'm pretty sure that we are going to upgrade to either Ambar or Esmerelda. I'm psyched. last year we went to Excellence and had the time of our lives. I'm looking forward to the trip in May. .

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
542 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Bahia Aerial Photo

travelPro 98; OK I got the Ambar and Esmerelda. Now, there are 20 buildings in the middle, then what looks a like a park green area, then another 20 or so buildings; The first 20 from the ocean are Bavaro? and the buildings after the green area is Punta Cana?

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,682 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gran Bahia Aerial Photo

Nope StephenNYC, the strip of buildings on the middle right both before and after the green belt is the Bavaro, the strip from ocean to main buildings on the left contains the Punta Cana section. So both the Punta Cana and the Bavaro sections have some buildings near the ocean. We stayed in the Bavaro section last April, the Punta Cana section is almost a mirror image lengthwise.

I think I've got that right, my GoogleEarth seems tempermental today, so I can't get a proper look.

Edited: 13 February 2012, 21:24
Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,792 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gran Bahia Aerial Photo

StephenNYC:

If you look at the map, the central tram pathway called "Avenue Espana" seperates the Bavaro (which is by the Ambar top side) from the Punta Cana (which is by the Esmeralda bottom side).

There is a natural park-like environmental area that seperates the lobby area villas from the beachfront area villas within these two resorts. All the junior suites are essentially identical. The upgraded club level villas enjoy a preferred location as well as a few extra amenities.

Hope this helps!

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,682 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gran Bahia Aerial Photo

A lane the trams use called Ave. Espana runs right up the middle of the resort. Towards the Ambar side is the Bavaro, looking towards the Esmerelda side is the Punta Cana.

Thunder Bay, ON
Level Contributor
149 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gran Bahia Aerial Photo

In the travellers photo's of the resort in the review section for the Ambar you will find a couple of photo's of the resort that somebody has labled. They aren't too far from the newest photo's so you won't have to go through many to find them.