We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hidden fees

saginaw, mi
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
hidden fees

We have booked a 7 night secrets resort trip in April through apple vacations and I am wondering about any hidden fees such as taxes when arrive or depart airport.

Also do cell phones work in the area or should I purchase a phone card to call home to my kids.

Last, do you need a passport?

Thank you

Vermont
Level Contributor
536 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hidden fees

I know the tour operators I have traveled with, they have asked for a fuel surcharge payment upon checking in (roughly $100 per couple) but I am unsure how Apple does it. So I just make sure to have some cash on hand.

I heard cell phones do work - but it can be pricy if you do not have an international plan. I always bring phone cards, where ever I go. You never know when a cell phone won't work. Plus, many don't expire. You can use them on future trips.

I guess, from what I hear, you do not need a passport until the start of 2007. However, my husband and I got ours just because it makes it so much easier. No hassle. It is worth getting them, and they are good for 10 years.

Enjoy your trip!

Ashley

Vermont
Level Contributor
536 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hidden fees

Also, you need to purchase a $10 tourist card when you arrive.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
196 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hidden fees

We traveled thru Apple in January and the only extra fee we had to pay was the $10 for the tourist card and don't lose it. You will need to show it to get out or you will have to pay an additional $10 pp. Don't have to have a passport but it makes things much easier.