We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do you leave it...

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Prior Lake...
Level Contributor
180 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where do you leave it...

For those who leave a tip for the maids, where in the room do you leave it so they know it is for them? Do you leave a note for them.

I usually leave it on our bed so when they make it they will see it. It is usually gone when we get back but not sure who gets it! Do they get to keep all their tips or do they have to share them with other employees.

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do you leave it...

I leave ours on the pillow.

Can't answer if they must split the tips. Can't imagine the maids would have to other than possibly with the fridge stocker.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,933 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do you leave it...

I write a note to the maid each morning on a note card, thanking her for taking care of the room, etc.... and asking for anything specific I may need. Card and tip go into an envelope, with her name written on it (I search out my housekeeper first day, and introduce myself, so I can call her by name for the week). Envelope goes on the pillow, usually.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
566 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do you leave it...

Usually on the edge of the bed along with any gifts and a little note

Bedford, Canada
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where do you leave it...

On the bed with a note.

Prior Lake...
Level Contributor
180 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where do you leave it...

Thanks for the help...do the notes need to be in Spanish...if so...I am in trouble. Can anyone give me help as to a nice thank you to write.

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where do you leave it...

Luvtoshell.. Google translate is your friend! It works great to learn a few phrases as well because you can listen to the translation.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,933 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where do you leave it...

SPANISH PHRASES

English first and then Spanish.

Thank you for all you have done to make our stay here special. Room #

Gracias por todo lo que ha hecho para que nuestra estancia aquí sea especial. Hab#

We appreciate everything you have done for us. Thank you. Room #

Agradecemos todo lo que usted ha hecho por nosotros. Gracias. Hab#

Could we have more bottled water please? Many thanks for all you do for us. Room #

Podría traernos más agua embotellada por favor? Muchas gracias por todo lo que usted hace por nosotros. Hab#

Could we have more bottled water, diet coke/pepsi, & beer please? Many thanks. Room #

Podría traernos más agua embotellada, coke/pepsi lite, & cerveza por favor? Muchas gracias. Hab#

Please accept these gifts as a thank you for everything you have done for us. Room #

Acepte por favor estos regalos como agradecimiento por todo lo que usted ha hecho por nosotros. Hab#

A gift for you

Room #.

Un regalo para ti

Hab#

For the Workers:

Thank you so much for a job well done!

Name: Room #

Muchas gracious para un trabajo bien hecho!

Sinccramente,

Your name: Hab #

I'm from the United States, specifically Cincinnati, Ohio.***

Soy de los estados unidos, especificamente de la ciudad de Cincinnati en el estado de Ohio"

I love your country, it's so beautiful here.***

"Me encanta tu/su pais. Todo me parece tan lindo aqui" (You would probably want to use "su" in most cases (it is a marker of respect); only use "tu" with friends)

What's your favorite drink?

"?Que prefiere(s) para beber?" (Again, leave the "s" off for respect, throw it in for use with friends)

For the Maid:

Thank you so much for doing our room! We hope you'll enjoy this little something.

Have a Great Day!

Your name: Room #

Muchas gracias para nuestro cuarto! Esperamos que usted gozara poco algo. Tenga un gran Dia!

Sinccramente.

Your Name Hab #

Here are some gifts for you.

"Aqui hay algunos regalos para usted(es)/ti" (include the "es" to mean "you all", leave it off if you are only talking to one person; use "ti" only for a friend)

1. Please close the door, and spray for mosquitos!

//Por favor cierre la puerta, y echa spray para los mosquitos.

2. I would like to upgrade, how much? or How much to upgrade.

//me gustarìa cambiar a un mejor cuarto, cuànto vale, cuànto costarìa?

3. Your help is much appreciated.

//Mil gracias por su ayuda.

4. What's the most popular drink.

//cuàl es la bebida màs popular?

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
352 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where do you leave it...

I always leave the tip for the made UNDER the pillow and a tip in the refrigerator for the re-stocking person. This way the correct person gets the tips---we were at an AI in an undisclosed location where the "supervisor" would enter the rooms ahead of the cleaning person and pocketed the tip money laying out!

NB
Level Contributor
219 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where do you leave it...

Suzanne, good idea to put it under the pillow. I either put it on the towel art or on the pillow. From now on it will go under the pillow, or under the towel art.

Prior Lake...
Level Contributor
180 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where do you leave it...

Wow...thanks everyone...I think I will be ready now. Poosieny I am going to copy and take yours with me. I will have to remember to use my Ipad when in doubt...thanks again!