We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping for beach/pool waiters

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Tipping for beach/pool waiters

As I have never been to a resort that has this service,,,just wondering..Do you tip everytime you get a drink or what?? Thanks

Regina, SK
Level Contributor
121 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tipping for beach/pool waiters

We would tip every couple of times or (as there was a group of us) one couple would tip each time, taking turns. We tipped more to the guys who brought us drinks on the beach 'cause that, imo, is well worth it :)

Leeds, Engalnd
Level Contributor
2,796 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tipping for beach/pool waiters

Tip only if and when u feel like they deserve it ....most peeps tip every 3rd ish round if they think they have had very good service :-)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tipping for beach/pool waiters

Thanks Sounds good Am looking at going to the Royal Suites Turquesa Any other ideas? Also want to NOT line up for my a la carte reservartions..Time to splurge a little.

allentown
Level Contributor
346 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tipping for beach/pool waiters

I always take about $50.00 extra in ones for the week. I found that if someone is doing a good job taking care of me deserve the tips - bartenders, towel guy. I tip the maid & buffet server with extra money I take. I've always had clean rooms and extra towels. The glass is never empty either.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tipping for beach/pool waiters

Yes I know but I have never been to a hotel that has wait service on the beach or by the poool... soo? I also tip the gardeners who work so hard and rarely get tips..Maids etc always get tips..Gardenrs are forgoten..

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
753 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Tipping for beach/pool waiters

I tip almost everybody..maid(everyday) waiter (every meal) bartender(every 3-4 drinks., ground keeper..they all deserve it...and don't forget to give the ground keeper a bottle of water every now and then..they really appreciate it...

Edited: 24 February 2012, 02:56
Fredericton, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tipping for beach/pool waiters

What if you just drop 10 bucks or so on your first round would the bartender take care of you the rest of the night or would he just expect more? I like to get my own drinks and will be bringing a bubba so i cut the waiter out, I planned on giving everyone a tip if they do a good job but as for the tipping does the amount matter? do they prefere american or DR Pesos?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
2,416 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tipping for beach/pool waiters

Fletcherx....

Tip as has been stated here, after every second/third round is typical. Tipping a larger amount up front will not promote better service.

I have the following standard (total for my wife and I), based on if I have recieved good service:

Drinks - $1 every 2 or 3 rounds.

Maid - $2/day

Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner - $2

Typically, that works out to $15 in tips for the day (total for my wife and I).

USD is fine, no need to tip in pesos.

murillo
Level Contributor
5,810 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tipping for beach/pool waiters

tip when ever you want fletch, they don't care if its wet either... we tip when we are leaving usually or in the morning once like you mentioned.They will know your ritual the rest of your stay. The bar tenders make the most tips on the resort...or as the other workers call it , they get fat...lol Tip the grounds keepers too, the place looks mighty fine.

Edited: 24 February 2012, 13:34
10. Re: Tipping for beach/pool waiters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 23:43