We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Departure Tax

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Departure Tax

Does Air Canada pay the dep tax in the DR? Last year we went with Sunwing and we had to pay it.. Just checking/ Thanks

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Departure Tax

I believe that Sunwing is the only Canadian carrier that does NOT pay it.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Departure Tax

Wish I could help, but we don't know for sure either. We are flying Air Canada too, but flight booked separately, not part of a vacation package.

Some have said it is, but there's nothing in our travel documents saying if it is or isn't. There is a non-descript tax/fee with YQ $33.00 on each airline receipt that MIGHT be it..? My TA thinks the exit is paid, but not the entry.

No big deal if we have to pay it, but I think I'm calling Air Canada :)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Departure Tax

Yes I tried to call A?C today on hold for so long Gave up..Cornwall Ontario?? you booked separatelyy? Where are you going??

Midland
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Departure Tax

Travelled with air canada vacations last year and yes they did include the dep tax in your package. I'm flying with Air Transat this year and asked the same question and they told me Sunwing is the only one that does not include the departure tax and tourist card in the package.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Departure Tax

poupon, we going to Zoetry Agua in PC this August. We had booked the resort for our honeymoon, before flights were available. We're flying out of Montreal.

So Lynda was your entry AND departure tax included with AC? Because our flight is not part of a package, I'm wondering if it would be different. Probably not, but ya never know :)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Departure Tax

We went with Air Transat and yes it was paid last year This is our first time with A/C Hope it will be ok. nly flew with them to Vegas and Florida never an All Incl.I know for sure AT it is all paid ..Zoetry is amazing they say..

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Departure Tax

Yes, we are very much looking forward to our stay there :)

And no big deal to have the cash ready for the entry and exit fees. I still may try calling AC, but like you say - being on hold is no fun :(

Enjoy your trip!!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Departure Tax

Thanks Laceyblue You too We live in Hudson not far from you..Love your Best Western hotel.

Canada
Level Contributor
351 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Departure Tax

Just traveled with AC Vacations to DR in Feb and departure tax was included.

south of england
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Departure Tax

I just wish the airlines or travel agents would just add the taxes to the price of the holiday , this would stop any confusion and make it easier for every one , i guess there are some folk who book there trip and dont read the small print and have a nasty supprise when they fly back home .