We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone gone to blau Natura Park eco- resort and spa

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
47 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
anyone gone to blau Natura Park eco- resort and spa

has anyone gone to this place? how is food, beach, rooms. are there alot of of animals walking on the grounds?

New York
Level Contributor
257 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone gone to blau Natura Park eco- resort and spa

We were there last year and had a great time.The rooms are very basic.Our fridge didnt cool to well.There were no dressers,They had open drawers in the closet.They seemed to work ok.The resort has good food.The buffet always had a great selection to choose from.We liked the Italian rest. and the steak house.The beach is very nice.There are a lot of birds all over the resort.Ducks, geese,peacocks, and a lot of other kinds of birds.There are a lot of ponds around the resort and the grounds are really beautiful.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
480 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone gone to blau Natura Park eco- resort and spa

I was there in 2009 and enjoyed it very much. The food was good and I enjoyed the seafood and steak restaurants. The beach is gorgeous and you can walk a good distance, if you are adventurous. The animation team was quite fun. they kept us entertained. There is little to no nightlife at the resort. Things shut down after the nightly entertainment is over. It was fine with us because by that time, we were quite tired. I would go back in a heartbeat. One thing I want to let you know is that everything here is "open-air". No air conditioned restaurants. Not bad if the weather is mild but can be quite uncomfortable in the hotter months.

muskoka ON
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone gone to blau Natura Park eco- resort and spa

We were there in December 2010 and would not hesitate to return. Small resort, well cared for rooms, good food and friendly staff. Terrific beach an only about 20 minutes from PUJ

Bugs

wisconsin
Level Contributor
800 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone gone to blau Natura Park eco- resort and spa

We have been there 3 times. We have always had good service at the bars and restaurants. It is a smaller resort, easy to get around on foot. The only thing is the lobby has stairs going down to the resort. These are steep stairs, not the wide ones with only two or three steps. Also, If you want to go to the game room, you go upstairs from the lobby. They do have an elevator. Rooms are older but comfortable with nice balcony's. No night life which is OK because we were so tired from the days activities.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone gone to blau Natura Park eco- resort and spa

How are the pools at this resort - any walk in (zero depth) entry? Also, is the resort very wheelchair accessible?

Good Buffets?

Can you tell me what other resorts are in the same vacinity?

Texas
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone gone to blau Natura Park eco- resort and spa

......sorry, forgot to ask.......is there internet access either in the rooms or lobbies and is there an extra charge?

Also, how are the standard rooms?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
480 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone gone to blau Natura Park eco- resort and spa

The pool has walk in (zero-depth) entry. The resort is pretty wheelchair accessible, I would say. Once you get down to the "resort" level (after you check-in) everything is on the same level. No steps into restaurants that I can remember. You might ask for a ground level room because the bldgs do not have elevators. The buffet is ok. Nothing to brag about. We always found something we liked for brkfst,lunch and dinner.

The rooms are very plain and we stayed in a standard room. It was rather small but we were not in there that much. Main thing is that it was clean!

The Dreams Palm Beach is next door, then the BeLive Grand Punta Cana.

Regarding wi-fi, I just don't remember. Hopefully someone can help you out with an answer.

Go with an open mind and you will be fine. It is not a posh resort but very comfortable and the staff was kind. Be patient, their English is not superb but they try very hard....as should we! (LOL) Happy Travels!!!

wisconsin
Level Contributor
800 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anyone gone to blau Natura Park eco- resort and spa

The lobby and the rooms above ground are the only problems with wheel chairs, however; the lobby does have an elevator, the rooms do not have elevator access. Also the bar above the pool has stairs with no elevator. We stayed at the hotels on either side of Natura Park. Not sure what their names are now. Be Live Grand I think is one. They are both larger than Natura and have more to offer as far as food/drink and entertainment go.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: anyone gone to blau Natura Park eco- resort and spa

Thanks beachbound and quist! Very helpful! :)

canada
Level Contributor
3,762 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: anyone gone to blau Natura Park eco- resort and spa

I have stayed at natura park three times. I would not hesitate to return.

one of the times that I was there was for a girls week and one of our ladies was indeed in a wheelchair. The resort was very accessible to her. The only elevator was broke when we arrived but a bell boy pushed the chair and we went out the front of the lobby to the right and down a service road. It was bumpy and very uncomfortable for her,, but ten min later we were at our rooms. She did say that she wished that they had a pull bar by the toilets in the rooms as it was very difficult for her to use the toilet. Also the design of the bathroom was difficult for the wheelchair. Luckily she can stand and take steps assisted.

She liked that the pool entry had a handrail down the middle of it. It made it easier for her to get in the water.

I know that she said that if she ever had the opportunity to travel again she would return.

Cheers

Lynn