We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dream Palm Beach

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Dream Palm Beach

Hi All,

I am coming to the hotel in August and veyr much looking forward to it but was wondering if i should upgrade it from the standard deluxe room to preferred, jacuzzi...

Also what restaurants are best to go to?

Many thanks

Chris

mn
Level Contributor
76 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dream Palm Beach

We stayed in a standard room and it was just fine. We weren't in the room enought to justify upgrading. The resort is great and the staff are very friendly and helpful. All of the restaurants were great. We really enjoyed the French and the Italian. The French Onion soup was really good and the Lasagna was the best I've had in a long time. The resort was great and I would definately recommend it to everyone. Our only complaint about the whole resort was the entertainment at night. It was not as good as what I would have expected it to be. Have a good trip

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dream Palm Beach

We also did not upgrade and found no reason to. Loved our room and the location.

We actually really enjoyed SeaSide for dinner. I also thought the pork at the French restaurant was excellent.

FairyTurn
Level Contributor
172 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dream Palm Beach

We've booked the preferred room for when we go.

The way I see it, we've paid a lot of money to go.. It's all inclusive and it would drive me mad knowing that my experience is restricted because of my room type.

I've paid for all-inc and I want to be able to use it!

From what previous guests have said on their reviews the upgrade was well worth it.

You dont have to go all the way to jacuzzi level, tropical view would get you all the extras too.

Good luck!

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dream Palm Beach

Fairy...unless free Wi-Fi and yellow towels are a must there is nothing retrictive about not upgrading. While "non-upgraded guests" can not use the Preferred pool there is a beautiful large pool all can use. While non-upgraded guests can not eat breakfast or lunch at Seaside both of those meals are offered at other restaurants so again nothing "lost".

I have been a customer of AMResorts for many many years but this is the one pet peeve I have with them. I have never paid to upgrade my status, nor will I. All guests should be treated equal. IMO the only reason to pay for an upgrade would be prime room loacation.

We stayed at Secrets Capri in Mexico and all guests were "preferred". That is what I would like to see at all resorts....

Ok...I will get off my soap box now... :-)

FairyTurn
Level Contributor
172 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dream Palm Beach

OBXbum,

Actually I couldn't agree with you more., I absolutely agree all paying guests should be treated the same.

Having never stayed at one of the dreams resorts I don't know what to expect, having said that, if we arrived and we were treated Insuperior to other guests that would really grate on me.

Also The free wifi is a huge draw for us as we have our own company and we will need to keep checking in at home.

The upgrade from a standard room to the lowest club room wasn't a lot so for us..., it's worth a go.

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dream Palm Beach

I hope you enjoy Fairy...it's a great resort and we would return in a NY minute.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dream Palm Beach

I completely agree with the fact that all guest should be treated the same. However I don't see being able to use certain amenities without paying as being treated inferior. We stay at Now Sapphire in Mexico and book preferred because we want access to the adults only preferred pool. We don't feel we are treated any different than any non preferred guest.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,867 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dream Palm Beach

Dreams PB has a preferred section that has preferred checkin and a preferred pool and a few other amenities. You pay to have a few other ammenities but that has nothing to do with how others are treated. You have use of the preferred club if you pay for the preferred room but you are not treated any different anywhere on the the resort any differently than anyone else. You get a private club within the resort that you pay for and can enjoy the the resort as a whole and all are treated the same. The Preferred club is just an extra perk but doesn't effect how you are treated in the resort. Unlike some resorts that have bands to treat guests differently all are the same. Except for the club area all guests are the same. You are never cheated!

9. Re: Dream Palm Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2013, 10:18