We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Royal Beach, transportation from airport

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
2 posts
Save Topic
Secrets Royal Beach, transportation from airport

We're looking in to the Secrets Royal Beach resort. Whats the best way to get from the airport to the resort? Cheapest? Safest? How far is it from the airport?

Any other thoughts about this resort? We've stayed at the Secrets Capri in Mexico and loved it, got hooked on the Secrets line of resorts. Any thoughts about this one in paticular would be great.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,843 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Royal Beach, transportation from airport

10 to 12 minutes,

many cabs available at the airport, prices are on a large board outside the concourse.

Lee's Summit...
Level Contributor
509 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Royal Beach, transportation from airport

Stayed there last fall, it's actually about 35 minutes. We arranged transfers with Conexion. They'll be waiting for you with a sign at the airport, and they were easy to deal with. It will be 40 dollars each way with any company. I do recommend them highly.

www.conexiontour.com

If you've stayed with Secrets before, you'll love this one. It's more tropical than the ones in mexico. Great service on every level, fantastic beach, good food. They have the same 'vacation club' breakfast setup here, but if you've been through that before you'll be fine. It's a really nice place.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Royal Beach, transportation from airport

I am staying at Secrets in July and was wondering the same thing. I have heard about IBK services. I think they are like 10 dollars cheaper then conexion. I am excited about going because have been like a blood hound on these reviews and it seemed like the best one! Can somebody please give me a specific room to be in? I am thinking the 3rd floor for privacy reasons?

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,971 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Royal Beach, transportation from airport

10-12 minutes, Wud? Where do you come up with this stuff?

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Royal Beach, transportation from airport

avoid the time share people

they get you at sign in under the guise of offering free perks

ask for a room facing in towards the pool, top floor, not on the side of the restaurants

grill on the beach at lunch, walk down a few steps on the far right of the porch as you face the water

avoid the japanese at now larimar next door

we also did not like the italian or american at now larimar either

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
45 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Royal Beach, transportation from airport

Your resort is actually 35 minutes away from the airport. From my experience and what I have read on tripadvisor, I would recommend you Caribbean Dream" www.caribbeandreamto.com/transportation"

as per their website the private shuttle will cost you $70.00 round trip.

7. Re: Secrets Royal Beach, transportation from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 12:48
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets Royal Beach, transportation from airport

Please don't take my response to Amys in Columbus to mean that we did not like our stay at your hotel. We loved it because we were treated like royalty by your staff. My only complaint was the restaurants at the Now Larimar which we thought were pretty inadequate. We did not personally get approached by the Unlimited Vacation Club people but spoke with many people who were and they were not happy about the experience.

Our butler Alexis is a true asset to your hotel and we had a wonderful trip. The front desk staff and Alexis did not give up on our air conditioning problem.

Please see my trip report on Trip Advisor dated late March or early April for details of our great trip.

grupomama

Guilford...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets Royal Beach, transportation from airport

We booked our trip for Sept. through cheapcaribbean.com & they offer transfers to & from the airport through Olympus Tour transportation--It was only $13.50 each/round trip (so $27 round trip for the 2 of us). I'm not sure if you can book this company separately for transports or if they are only available for cheapcaribbeancom customers.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,971 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets Royal Beach, transportation from airport

Pat - the transfers you purchased are for a shared transfer, not a private transfer to your resort, which is why the price is significantly lower. This could mean that your arrival at your resort may be delayed a bit, as they will have to wait for incoming guests from your flight or others to fill the shuttle, and there may be drop-offs at other resorts before arriving at yours. Not saying it's a bad thing... I've only used shared transfers and have not had a problem with it. I'm just pointing out why you're paying the price that you are... it's for a different service.