We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused About Departure Tax

NJ
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
Confused About Departure Tax

I read where you have to pay the $20.00 depature tax at the airport but I don't know where. Is it when you are checking in with the airline?

I confimed the $20.00 departure tax is included in my airfare. Since it is included in my airfare, what happens if they ask me to pay?

Mountain Top...
Level Contributor
605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused About Departure Tax

All you have to pay is your $10 entry at PC airport, when your departure you will get your airfare tickets first and it will state on your tickets that its paid..no worries

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused About Departure Tax

the time we had to pay ( sunwing ) they had a table set up before we got to the line where you check in, it was a portable table that they only bring out when they need to collect the money

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused About Departure Tax

Johnr863, what tour operator are you booked with? Sunwing, Air Canada Vacations, Air Transat etc?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused About Departure Tax

For our Jan trip this year, Sunwing was collecting it at the check-in counter.

I suspect OP is from the US, and I believe for all US passengers the departure fee is included with their flight purchase.

Edited: 07 March 2012, 10:33
Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,256 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Confused About Departure Tax

If your departure tax is included in your air fare, which is the case on all US carriers, you wont be asked for any money at checkin. So don't worry you won't have a problem.

This is true for any airfare that includes the tax already. You won't be aksed to pay it again

BObK

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Confused About Departure Tax

I think Sunwing is the only provider that does not include the departure tax in their price.

NJ
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Confused About Departure Tax

Got it thanks! This puts my mind at ease.

simplyunwinding - I'm booked directly with US Airways originating departure from the US.

Edited: 07 March 2012, 13:28
Kenosha WI.
Level Contributor
922 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Confused About Departure Tax

You still have to pay the $10 fee when you get there. Has anyone spent or lost all their money and don't have the $20 what happens?

ontario
Level Contributor
3 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Confused About Departure Tax

I hadn't heard of the $10 arrival fee, is that new?, I haven't been to DR for a number of years. We are going Air Canada Vacations is the departure tax paid already ?

Edited: 09 September 2012, 23:35
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,123 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Confused About Departure Tax

Oddly enough...Sunwing does not include departure tax...simply to advertise a lower price in print! LOL Time to catch up with the 2000's. If any company left taxes out...I simply would not book with them.

Want tires with that car? Oh sorry...that is extra. true BS at it's best.

Please avoid companies that DO NOT include all taxes in their fee. There are many out there...from all countries that give you the TOTAL price.

Cheers

PCMike

Edited: 09 September 2012, 23:52