We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special requests

NB
Level Contributor
219 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Special requests

I am curious if people who email a resort prior to their arrival for things such as specific rooms really do get what they have requested. Please don't interpret this question as me looking to get something for nothing, I just genuinely want to know how people make out with this.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Special requests

We have always been very lucky to have our requests met. We usually ask for 2 double beds on an upper floor........it's just a request but generally resorts will do their best to accommodate if they can.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Special requests

The resort will do their best depending on Occupancy and availability.

Summerside
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Special requests

Reasonable requests such as one or two beds and on what floor are usually accomodated if possible. It's those people that pay for a regular room then request to be upgraded to a higher room that irk me. My motto is, if you want it, pay for it.....

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Special requests

Agreed they will make every attempt to accommodate requests. We always email the resort and in 15 trips only once did not have our request granted.

I am hoping my request this year for adjoing rooms will be accommodated.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Special requests

I personally do not email my requests, I have a note placed on my file when booking my trip, using this method I have always received what I have asked.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Special requests

When we book our room we generally will put in our request for ie: type of beds (1 king or 2 queen), what floor we would like to be on, etc. We then will also email the resort approximately 7-10 days ahead of our trip - sometimes we get a response and sometimes not. If we do receive a response from the resort it generally says they will try to accommodate our request. I would say 9 out of 10 times are request have been honored.

south of england
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Special requests

We always email about 6 weeks before departure for a top floor room and havent been let down yet , i guess we have been lucky .

8. Re: Special requests

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 15:43