We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Microwave in room at Bahia Ambar

bc
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Topic
Microwave in room at Bahia Ambar

Does anyone know if there is a micowave in the rooms at Bahia Ambar.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,553 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Microwave in room at Bahia Ambar

No there isn't.......most resorts don't have a microwave in the room as it is a safety issue.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
529 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Microwave in room at Bahia Ambar

What do you want a microwave for?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,609 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Microwave in room at Bahia Ambar

Not a safety issue by any means...otherwise irons would be out of the room as well. Simply boils down to lack of need, as food is part of your package as an all inclusive. I do not know of any resorts in Punta Cana that have a microwave in the room. It is very unlikely that a resort would offer one either upon request, simply because aside from restaurant kitchens, there are no surplus.

Cheers

PCMIke

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Microwave in room at Bahia Ambar

No microwaves in the rooms and for that matter I don't recall seeing one at the buffet either.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
3,070 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Microwave in room at Bahia Ambar

i have to wonder why anyone would want a microwave in a resort that has some sort of food service virtually 24/7?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
529 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Microwave in room at Bahia Ambar

Perhaps to heat baby formula or something?

If that's the case, just use the coffee maker with hot water and put the bottle in the pot... I think the coffee makers are 2-3 cup size.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,553 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Microwave in room at Bahia Ambar

Mike - I was just going by what the resort had said about them being safety issues. Friends of ours had emailed to see about a microwave as they had a baby and it was easier to use the microwave for bottles, baby food etc. Both of the resorts had emailed back and said that it was forbidden due to safety issues.........A lot of hotels here don't have them either and we have always been told it was due to safety reasons.....

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
3,070 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Microwave in room at Bahia Ambar

Can't be for baby food..... the Ambar is adults only!

Popcorn anyone?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Microwave in room at Bahia Ambar

We actually travelled to the Mayan last month and took a bottle sterilizer with us to use in the room. We discovered a microwave in the buffet for guests, first resort i recall seeing one at but found the sterilizer to be much more efficient and handy....could not imagine having to make trips to the buffet everyday with bottles, spoons and bowls plus I am sure it would inconvenience other guests who wished to use it.

10. Re: Microwave in room at Bahia Ambar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 07:43