We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Elegance/ Colonial Question

Miami
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Majestic Elegance/ Colonial Question

Hi there,

After a few days researching hotels and with the help of your reviews I decided to try the Majestis resorts this summer. I'm traveling with my husband and 9 months old baby. The whole package for the Elegance is almost $500.00 more, thats for the cheapest room available. I understand some of you believe the Elegance is slightly better than the Colonial. But, is it worthy to pay those $500.00 extra? I'm not going to be able to upgrade to the Elegance Club since I'm traveling with an infant. Thanks

Deer Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
924 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Elegance/ Colonial Question

I wouldn't bother to upgrade , the Colonial is amazing the rooms, the food , the beach. everything, we were there last May and loved it so much we are returning this May 10 people, this resort has it all and great value for what you pay rooms are big and beautiful I cant see getting any better.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Elegance/ Colonial Question

I wouldn't either as the Majestic is great.

Miami
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Elegance/ Colonial Question

Hi Bob. Has you been to both?

murillo
Level Contributor
6,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Elegance/ Colonial Question

then don't spend the $500 and stay at the Colonial... They are right beside each other and are both great resorts...Is it cold in the summer in Miami ? Why the summer...We go because its -30 in Feb...lol

Miami
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Elegance/ Colonial Question

LOL, bomberro. We are not really looking for sunny days, are we? Miami is rarely cold, this winter was extremely hot. We go down there because the beaches are much better and also because we liked the AI resorts atmosphere. Besides, with a new baby a relaxing vacation is all we are looking for!!!!!!!

I really like the Elegance!!!! I was just wondering if it is worth paying the extra $$$$$$....

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Elegance/ Colonial Question

My husband and I have been to both, sort of. We stayed at ME in 2008 just a few days after grand opening. ME was not yet 100% complete during this time (spa, conf room and computer rooms were still under construction & some Elegance Club amenities were not yet available) so ME offered a lower rate than MC that week and also allowed ME guests full access to MC (this no longer applies). Although we loved ME, for me it is not worth $500 more than Colonial. We are returning the end of April, this time with family & friends and booked Majestic Colonial for our group. We do not feel in any way that it will be a "downgrade" vacation compared to our stay at ME. Have a great vacation where ever you go!

new york
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Elegance/ Colonial Question

hi every1... im goin to DR for the FIRST TIME on tues 16th.and im stayin at the Majestic Colonial does ANYONE have any suggestions on what to ask for when gettin my room and/or any other suggestions????

Thank you

new york
13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic Elegance/ Colonial Question

hi ... my husband n i are goin to DR for the FIRST TIME on tues 16th.and im stayin at the Majestic Colonial do u have any suggestions on what to ask for when gettin my room and/or any other suggestions????

thx

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Majestic Elegance/ Colonial Question

hi ...we have been to both......maj elegance one time and colonial two times.and we are booked for a third visit in april for 2 weeks to maj colonial

we love both resorts but feel the food is a bit better at majestic colonial

probally a few more kids at colonial

love both resort rooms but elegance is newer..........

its a hard choice but i would pick maj colonial.............but if you have your heart set on elegance, only you can make the right decision for you guys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

we leave in three days for excellence and am hoping the storm will just disappear hahah

new york
13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Majestic Elegance/ Colonial Question

ughhhh i kw i saw thers a storm heading that way :( hopefully it wont be too bad. i already book at the colonial but was wondering if theres anything i shld kw about it ..

thx for the reply hv a safe trip n enjoy