We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IB Grand "dress code"?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
891 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
IB Grand "dress code"?

Wondering if men have to wear sleeved tee shirts to the breakfast/lunch buffets, or can we wear tank tops.

We have been to a couple of places that won't allow tank tops into the restaurants.

I would always wear a tee shirt/polo shirt to an ala carte restaurant for any meal, and expect to do so at the IB Grand.

uk
Level Contributor
207 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IB Grand "dress code"?

Hi there.

For breakfast, sleeved t-shirts are the way to go.

Hubby has worn a vest/tank top to the beach buffet for lunch, but it's much more casual there than the enclosed buffet restaurant. Doubt they'd let you in with a vest/tank top there.

Have a great time - we always do!

Chris

Boston
Level Contributor
891 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IB Grand "dress code"?

Thanks, dominicangirl.

That is about what I though it would be, although we have stayed in places where men couldn't wear tank tops at outdoor lunch spots.

Think I'll just take tee shirts anyway, as we only travel with carry on's; need to pack "intelligently" with only items that I know I will wear.

NYC
Level Contributor
82 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IB Grand "dress code"?

Just got back last Saturday. More tee shirts @ breakfast, but several tank tops as well. Lunch was the reverse (more or less).. Enjoy

Boston
Level Contributor
891 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IB Grand "dress code"?

Thanx, vicvino.

Even though I like to take 3 or 4 tank tops along with 3 or 4 tee shirts., I think I'll change this time in favor of 6 or 7 tee shirts.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IB Grand "dress code"?

I think men are expected to wear a collared shirt for the dinner/specialty/ala carte restaurants. Check before you go.

Have been to the Grand 3 times in the last 2 years.

Enjoy

Boston
Level Contributor
891 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: IB Grand "dress code"?

Sorry I wasn't clear; when I mentioned tee shirts/tank tops I was thinking only about breakfast and lunch. Everywhere we go I I take a couple of collared polo shirts, even when we choose outdoor restaurants (like Smokey Joe's in Aruba).

Expect to be going only to the buffets, anyway.

7. Re: IB Grand "dress code"?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 03:42