We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many bottles of sunscreen do you bring?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
296 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How many bottles of sunscreen do you bring?

I am wondering if we are planning on taking too many...how much is too much? So far we have 2 bottles of 15 spray,2 bottles of 30 spray,and a bottle of 30 lotion. Thinking of picking up a 15 lotion...problem is I'm a spray gal and my husband is a lotion guy! So how much do you bring?

Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many bottles of sunscreen do you bring?

Two bottles for us...a 30spf and a 15spf. I also bring after sun lotion and lip balm with spf 30 in it:)

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
323 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many bottles of sunscreen do you bring?

I take three bottles, 30, 15, and 8. I also use a tinted moisturizer with 15 for my face. It works for me. I never get burned.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
64 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many bottles of sunscreen do you bring?

What ever SPF you use, double the order.

We're at the Occidental right now, and we ran out this morning (day 6). The store in the lobby wanted $33 US for the same item you can get at home for $10.

As it weighs next to nothing, double your order to be safe.

Edited: 17 March 2012, 22:09
Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,182 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many bottles of sunscreen do you bring?

How long are you going for? For 2 weeks hubby and I take 2 bottles of 30 lotion and a can of 30 spray. Also have chap stick with 30 spf.

To those who like the spray, remember to cover the top of your ears, and the soles of your feet, the reflection from the sand will burn them too!

Newfoundland
Level Contributor
489 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many bottles of sunscreen do you bring?

For 7 days we take 2 bottles lotion, 2 spray, & 1 small bottle tanning oil. We are in & out of water all day, so we reapply frequently. Have never ran out, or burned. Always pack 2 lip balm with SPF 30. Edmonton_mamm such a good point, I have seen a few people with the tops of their feet burned after walking the beach at waters edge & lotion was washed off.

Deer Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
920 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How many bottles of sunscreen do you bring?

I went through one can of spf 30 last year in 2 days it was so hot, 4 of us this year so I am bringing 5 or 6 cans atleast as it is very expensive on the resort to buy, better off with too much than too little, we go in May and it is real hot and don't forget a spf for your lips mine burnt bad last year.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,319 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How many bottles of sunscreen do you bring?

1 bottle of spf 4, and then I am tanned to the max.

8. Re: How many bottles of sunscreen do you bring?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2013, 09:26